Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BC Parks Closing all Back Country and access

Re: BC Parks Closing all Back Country and access

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    I don’t shoot bears in parks so it doesn’t matter. It’s a common sense closure
    Seems to be the popular sentiment of the day, any particular reason why? Definitely bears to be found and legal to hunt in quite a few provincial parks (see list below,) obviously not gonna be very good in some of the more popular ones but some are pretty remote and even boat access/fly in only. Don't discount a patch of dirt just because they call it a park!

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife...PARKS_HUNT.pdf

Edit: I had zero plans to hunt any parks this year, just food for thought.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

If i undertand this correctly it looks like only Camping at pay sites is banned. It shows Boss and Davis lake (Merritt region) as closed but Buck lake is not. Not sure if thats correct but if so it will be very busy coming up for all free camp sites.

camp and hunt crown land. Should still be able to drop a bear in May

Quote Originally Posted by walnutz View Post
    If i undertand this correctly it looks like only Camping at pay sites is banned. It shows Boss and Davis lake (Merritt region) as closed but Buck lake is not. Not sure if thats correct but if so it will be very busy coming up for all free camp sites.
    https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...-trails/alerts

At sitesandtrailsbc.ca "ALL OVERNIGHT CAMPING AND GROUP GATHERINGS AT RECREATION SITES AND RECREATION FACILITIES IS PROHIBITED. Many recreation sites are CLOSED to all use."

If I look at Bonaparte River Bridge rec site -- a tiny site in the middle of nowhere -- it says "Site Closed. This recreation site is closed to all public recreation use to address public health and safety concerns regarding the spread of the COVID-19 virus.".

It makes hunting and other outdoor activities a little challenging.

Yes, closing rec sites is a tool to keep the lower mainland in the lower mainland. Fishing season is about to get going and I assume they don’t want guys driving all over BC. Not a big deal to drive out from Kamloops for a day is fishing. Harder to drive out from Vancouver and have to haul your boat out each night to a camp in the bush.

My 2 cents on this, yes go out and chase bear, follow the rules about hunting alone or only with family members from the same house. Do not have a big hunting party, practice physical distancing, if there are a lot of cases in the bush that aren't following the rules, they will shut all of the back woods down. We just don't have the man power to police it so it is easier to just shut it down then we are all screwed, be smart and be safe!!

So if a lake with a campground isnt listed on that list is it ok to use?? Confusing why some lakes i use are not listed while others are.

I think Covid-19 has ruined all the world order
    Last edited by barongan; 04-09-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barongan View Post
    I think Covid-19 has ruined all the world order
    Are you implying that it had very much of it to begin with?