Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel restrictions are starting

Re: Travel restrictions are starting

Kind of silly to worry about traffic from Alberta with out throwing up a roadblock at Hope. Seriously, if people want to clump up and make each other sick, they can fly right at it. I don't care. They just have to stay the hell away from me. Going forward, we have to be cautious but practical. This would be easier if we got all the information. Dr. Henry's refusal to identify communities with verified cases is reprehensible. Without this identification, one has to assume their community is virus-free. Of course, this is not the response Dr. Henry is hoping for but you don't always get what you want. Give people the truth, the whole truth, and the response is more likely to be what is desired. GD

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    Kind of silly to worry about traffic from Alberta with out throwing up a roadblock at Hope. Seriously, if people want to clump up and make each other sick, they can fly right at it. I don't care. They just have to stay the hell away from me. Going forward, we have to be cautious but practical. This would be easier if we got all the information. Dr. Henry's refusal to identify communities with verified cases is reprehensible. Without this identification, one has to assume their community is virus-free. Of course, this is not the response Dr. Henry is hoping for but you don't always get what you want. Give people the truth, the whole truth, and the response is more likely to be what is desired. GD

yeah I agree. Not telling just makes most of us not trust our leaders. I’m not big into politics they are all the same as far as I can tell. That being said if you look at the numbers our leaders are doing a good job overall but not perfect but hey that’s how it is. I do like ford though he’s a straight shooter
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

All the Rec sites are closed in BC, which sucks for fishing. A buddy was fishing up at
    a popular place and the cops were stopping people, and if there were two or more people in a vehicle and you couldn’t prove you were from the same family group or live together, they were threatening $1,200 fines. Not sure if they handed any out.

Most Albertsans are only going to snowmobile destinations and prince rupert. I'm not in agreement with it. Many of the small towns are shaming them and I don't agree with that either.

I would be more interest to shut down air travel mainly from Quebec and Ontario
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Its really no different than Quadra Island asking people to stay away or Tofino /Ucluelet saying stay away or any number of other rural areas that think they can keep covid away. Losing battle,if covid can get around the world in a few months it is coming to your neighbourhood if it is not already there.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    With how common it is you be smarter to assume your community has it, unless you live in nunavut

Share those thoughts with your local MP because identifying communities has worked effectively in other countries as evidenced this morning on CBC interview at channel 88.0 FM. That would be wise.

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

When Dr. Henry gave her update yesterday a reporter asked the question about closing the Alberta border and she discounted it. Said that is not what they endorse at this time and Dix didn't contradict her.
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    I agree accept for the stupid americans part..
    Funniest post I’ve read in a long time.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.