Firstly, i am not opposed to the BCWF like some folks are on here.
When it comes to actual Hunters, I know the BCWF comprises mostly of hunters, but is no position to "truly represent Hunters".
In that case, i do believe BC needs a true Hunters Org, for hunters and representing "just hunters" in BC.
However, i feel there still is a big place for BCWF when it comes to our wildlife here in BC, which brings up the big issue for me.

We all know that to do anything right, habitat protection or restoration etc, that its going to require "cash".
Even if our hunting fees went 100% towards conservation (long over due and still nothing has happened), it would be nowhere near enough to get the job done right.

Over the years, right here on HBC, many including myself have said that what is needed is some sort of "eco fee" that comes from all
sorts of outdoor equipment/gear, and would generate a ton of cash flow imo.
HOWEVER, recently we have seen that BC Parks has put out a "survey" asking anyone interested if there is "support" for such a fee to
"help in maintaining and making trails " here in BC Parks.

Great!, just what we need, is more trails potentially and making it "easier" for folks to access the back country.
(the beauty about hunters of sheep or goat is, that 99% of the time, they make their own trail up and down, and no one is the wiser)

Anyways, "have we just lost the opportunity for funding for wildlife here in BC??????
I already know that the survey that is out is "irrelevant".
It's a "done deal"!, imo.
Just a "technicality" the government has to jump thru to make it happen.
Is that what "we want" to see happen with that money????
This could have been the "golden egg" to help wildlife, and instead is going to help a bunch of latte sipping city folks in the end.
Neither hunters nor wildlife will benefit from it, imo.

So, since this is a BCWF forum, i am asking (if anyone from the higher ups in the BCWF still come on here??):

"Is the BCWF trying to fight this eco fee being implemented for Parks and trails, and trying to get the government to listen to an
attempt in using the fees for Wildlife Conservation???
This is the time to stand up to that fee if implemented.
Now is the time to get the fee put towards wildlife projects in BC!

Would like know where the BCWF is on this.???