Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virus/hunting

Re: Virus/hunting

I was surprised to hear Washington state has closed all hunting and fishing until May 4th....I'm holding out on ordering tags and licenses for now...things are changing fast
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    I was surprised to hear Washington state has closed all hunting and fishing until May 4th....I'm holding out on ordering tags and licenses for now...things are changing fast
    same here. Never know what happens. Will get mine closer to September.

I hunt mostly alone anyways, so for me i'll just skip the tim hortons or mcdonalds breakfast on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Stay home, no hunting for 2 years.
    The bush is infected
    Solid advice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    My wife was telling me that in abbotsford a car load of people were pulled over and issued fines cause there id showed they had separate addresses. Also some of here employees were pulled over being asked where there going and why and were asked to show proof they were going to work.. Havent seen it myself yet but it looks like cops are keeping an eye out. Or at least using it as an excuse to pull people over for " normally" no reason.
    APD? no better than commissionaires
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I've heard that RCMP ticketing people driving together rumor so many times and it always starts with "my relative's co worker's sisters ..." and when you ask them to confirm they never can.

In Alberta this did happen and the police apologized and took back the ticket.

Both Delta and the VPD came out and said this isn't happening.

Once again call your local city hall and ask. The fines are bylaw infractions So far!!!!!!! That doesn’t mean go out and party. Play by the rules that They are asking.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/t...ed-by-covid-19. Check this for updates

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    We have an NDP government.....don't be surprised at all when it happens here!

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    APD? no better than commissionaires
    I'm not sure if it was APD. There has been a lot of RCMP integrated road safety in Abby recently. I would be surprised if it was APD there usually really good in my experiences.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    We have an NDP government.....don't be surprised at all when it happens here!
    So a provincial Liberal government would allow a free-for-all to help actively spread the virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Darris doois View Post
    I've heard from a few different people but cant find any proof. I've heard if you hunt with people they have to be from the same household, in effort the stop the spread. Anyone else hear this?

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...vid-19-updates

Specific guidance for angling and hunting activities, including but not limited to:
    • Only fish and hunt with members of your family or others you are living with.
    • Maintain physical distancing (2 metres or 6 feet) from other individuals you come across.
    • Do not share vehicles with individuals outside of your family or others you are living with.
    • Fish and hunt locally.
    • Wash your hands frequently, especially around communal areas such as boat ramps, gates, etc.
    • Adhere to all travel advisories and self isolation requirements.
    • Adhere to all municipal, First Nation community, provincial and federal closures (e.g. parks, infrastructure, etc.).
    • Many BC Parks and recreation sites are closed. It is suggested to check ahead.
    • If you are not confident you can meet all of these conditions, please postpone your trip.

All angling and hunting regulations and licensing requirements are still in effect.
    The Conservation Officer Service is continuing to operate across BC.