Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virus/hunting

Re: Virus/hunting

I wonder what the fall brings, it's one thing to drag a deer in , but a moose for a senior, it's all hands on deck. Then there is the time around the fire, in a wood stove in a my buddy's trailer. Some people have it pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by MontyLake View Post
    So a provincial Liberal government would allow a free-for-all to help actively spread the virus?
    Some of the American states have opened up hunting/fishing early or waived licences fees to keep people from going into offices..two ways to do things..Libtard Jay Ensley of Washington just shut it down...Our NDP with its history of shutting down grizzly hunting, twice now and the Provincial Liberal's history of reopening it up...So yeah hunting and fishing IS better under a provincial liberal government.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    APD? no better than commissionaires
    Ha ha you should have been there when Mastqui 5 -0 ran the place ......

Would tickets for such things as hunting with a partner even hold up in court? Pretty sure under the "state of emergency" act they have legally only banned gatherings of over 50 people, I think everything else is a guide/suggestion only, not enforceable law?

My gf (of 8+ years) and I still currently have our own places, spend 50% of time at her place and the other at mine, so according to drivers licenses and legal addresses we don't live together. Up until last year she also had a PO box which she used as her address as they used to live in the bush and just never updated her address. I know people with parents addresses still on their drivers licenses because they bounce around renting different places or moving for work and it's just easier to list parents address as home base. They gonna try issuing a ticket based on those scenarios and the fact the addresses don't match? I'd fight it and doubt the ticket would stand up in court. Don't think address listed on licenses proves that's where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Some of the American states have opened up hunting/fishing early or waived licences fees to keep people from going into offices..two ways to do things..Libtard Jay Ensley of Washington just shut it down...Our NDP with its history of shutting down grizzly hunting, twice now and the Provincial Liberal's history of reopening it up...So yeah hunting and fishing IS better under a provincial liberal government.
    This thread was about viruses but if you want to derail, let's go.

Grizzly bear hunting may have had its day in BC anyway, but as far as the BC Liberals go, you could bet your bottom dollar that the members of the Guide Outfitters Association of British Coumbia paid handsomely for the reopening of the griz season when that happened.

Sorry for the derail, just saying political beliefs effect outcomes when it comes to closures. Hopefully hunting and fishing stays open in BC. I hunt with my family and with us not working and my kids doing school on their tablet we may be able to got out for spring bear for a week and fill our freezer with our favorite ground and stew meat.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

What would happen if they said you are only allowed to hunt within the WMU in which you reside? That would be awesomeness .... ....wouldn't it?

Hmmm several hours..3 offices..this is what I was just now told..
    hunt locally
    Hunt on crown land
    Don't hunt in parks
    only Co habit travel trailer with members of your household
    Fishing same deal ..fish locally rec sites washrooms are off limits.as not serviced..no fishing in parks
    Same rules apply to travel trailer ..only Susan in my case in Travel trailer..no hunting in groups.
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm several hours..3 offices..this is what I was just now told..
    hunt locally
    Hunt on crown land
    Don't hunt in parks
    only Co habit travel trailer with members of your household
    Fishing same deal ..fish locally rec sites washrooms are off limits.as not serviced..no fishing in parks
    Same rules apply to travel trailer ..only Susan in my case in Travel trailer..no hunting in groups.
    Steven
    I know most will follow the social distancing guidelines but i am just wary of the some who will ruin it for all...

Quote Originally Posted by bangbangkhan View Post
    I know most will follow the social distancing guidelines but i am just wary of the some who will ruin it for all...
    Yes unfortunately ass holes run amongst the human population..for first trip 30 km. .equals local..matter fact don't need to gas up or go through cities..o stops..from there it's camping in Travel trailer by myself..headed into even more remote country via ATV..this year have a remote deactivated road..believe there are 13 creeks deactivated I need to go through..no RCMP..no conversation officer will be in there pretty damn sure.
    Should be 2 weeks..or earlier if decent black bear shows up..
    Then home to re up.change from ATV to car topper and off to local lake for fly fishing for 2 weeks ..no contact at bear camp location..however I will have cell phone and coverage at zipper mouth lake....
    Trying to self isolate yet still live life....

Will also contact RCMP to ensure what I was told is also what they will be enforcing..
    Be safe..strong
    Steven