Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poaching Cases, Kamloops Area

Re: Poaching Cases, Kamloops Area

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    From a credible source I heard the local stewards of the land are looking for people to hunt moose for them. They'll pay your fine, fuel and shells. I guess the elders figure traditional way of life will help them survive the covid. Don't know what kind of a steward of the land wants moose shot when they're in calf.
    A Métis person I work with shot a cow last week. He’s not eligible for hunting rights like treaty Indians, but his wife is treaty so he shoots whatever he wants when she’s around. He thinks that I don’t like him because he’s an Indian, but really the only reason I don’t like him is because he acts like an Indian. There is a difference.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    A Métis person I work with shot a cow last week. He’s not eligible for hunting rights like treaty Indians, but his wife is treaty so he shoots whatever he wants when she’s around. He thinks that I don’t like him because he’s an Indian, but really the only reason I don’t like him is because he acts like an Indian. There is a difference.
    Exactly ! Another ILLEGAL animal shot and nothing will be done ! RJ

Just because its legal doesn't make it right, its a moral issue not a legal one.
    Big difference now (april) and sept, but if you report it then the CO needs to simply determine if its FN or not, if its FN then why waste his time.

The cows are pregnant, those fetuses must be huge now, lots of prime pink meat
    Not for me thanks
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Sorry this made me laugh but it is sad. I got a friend that's metis and he said the only difference is one is functionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    From a credible source I heard the local stewards of the land are looking for people to hunt moose for them. They'll pay your fine, fuel and shells. I guess the elders figure traditional way of life will help them survive the covid. Don't know what kind of a steward of the land wants moose shot when they're in calf.
    Do you have contact information? I know a few guys looking for work.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Do you have contact information? I know a few guys looking for work.
    Contact your local reserve. I heard 1800-eat-shit is a direct line as well.

i have beef,lamb,goat,and chicken for sale right know no excuse of meat shortage...

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    i have beef,lamb,goat,and chicken for sale right know no excuse of meat shortage...
    I don't think poachers are inclined to spend money on meat. Some people think the laws don't apply to them, particularly if they think someone else is going to beat them to all that free meat.

This forum has turned into an echo chamber of old men yelling at imaginary squirrels. OP, sorry your thread went to shit so quickly.