Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poaching Cases, Kamloops Area

Poaching Cases, Kamloops Area

According to the local CO's in the Kamloops region, there has been a fair rise in people poaching animals in the name of 'feeding their families.'

Grocery stores are still selling food, there's meat on the shelves, we are not at the point where we need to illegally take game. Buy a bear tag and go distance yourself while helping the ungulate population.

Obviously this will not be viewed by the offenders, but hopefully people will be discouraging the idea that this practice is 'just' in any way. Stick together (figuratively, 6' apart in reality) and we'll get through this and spend august chasing rams. Cheers folks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Poaching Cases, Kamloops Area

Gee ! i wonder who they are ? RJ from Kamloops

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by HankBC View Post
    According to the local CO's in the Kamloops region, there has been a fair rise in people poaching animals in the name of 'feeding their families.'

Grocery stores are still selling food, there's meat on the shelves, we are not at the point where we need to illegally take game. Buy a bear tag and go distance yourself while helping the ungulate population.

Obviously this will not be viewed by the offenders, but hopefully people will be discouraging the idea that this practice is 'just' in any way. Stick together (figuratively, 6' apart in reality) and we'll get through this and spend august chasing rams. Cheers folks
    Perhaps the problem is the Poachers look at this as what is the difference between a Deer shot by them to a Deer shot by the "Free for all" policy for Natives.

While I don't agree with Poaching, I believe if the Corona thing wont get solved soon there will be a lot more Poaching going on very soon and the COs will be in real danger approaching such individuals.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    and the COs will be in real danger approaching such individuals.
    And that wont be good for anyone, if it (rightly) makes them more wary on approaching any individuals.

Hey what’s good for the First Nations is good for all Canadians!

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Yeah right, don't hold your breath!
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Personally I'd prefer not to be buggered by some priest......but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    Perhaps the problem is the Poachers look at this as what is the difference between a Deer shot by them to a Deer shot by the "Free for all" policy for Natives.

While I don't agree with Poaching, I believe if the Corona thing wont get solved soon there will be a lot more Poaching going on very soon and the COs will be in real danger approaching such individuals.

Cheers

This is the problem unfortunately and why I felt the need to put it out there. I don’t want to make the CO’s have an even harder go of it. Plus the need to re iterate that we are NOT at the point of having to poach to survive. There’s still food in the stores and at the butcher shop. Spring bear is open. Make sure people know we’re still abiding by the law and listening to the regs. I’d hate to see a ripple effect of people ‘getting their deer before they’re gone.’

I do hear what you’re saying on the free for all however, I can imagine a few better policies that could be implemented. Certain number of tags given to the chief to distribute.. etc

Everyone needs to keep their eyes and ears open, and don't hesitate to use that RAPP line...believe it or not the COs do follow up on calls...I have used the line twice and both times I was contacted....

So I'm out and about...what's this?...an Elk someone shot..and a pos dumped all the trimmings near the middle of the road.
    A clear phuck you to all...they could of thrown it over the bank, but no. Good thing you did it at night.