Thread: Shanks

Shanks

Shanks are my new favourite cut of game. I have made Osso Bucco out of just about every critter. How do people think this Greek recipe will (done with Lamb) will work with Goat/Sheep/Bear/Venison?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO8Cw1d74Dc

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Shanks

Yes, I think it would work fine. In January, I did a Greek style slow cook on a deer front quarter. Oh my god. It was delicious, melt in your mouth. Cooked it slow for around 5 hours. Did two hares as cacciatore, also slow cooked for around 5 hours. Served twenty people for my wife’s birthday and people were blown away. I love meat either slow cooked or rare. Damn. I’m hungry now.

I’ve done many roasts and other cuts for 8 plus hrs and the flavors are amazing. Quick flip around a crazy hot cast iron pan, rub’m down, then the slow cookin. Sometimes a little smoke added for an added taste.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Nog is the Shank master...

He put a recipe on here more than a few years back and my wife has been doing them up with great success ever since. They have gone from something I used to hate to one of my favourites too...

Bear shanks are awesome!

"You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear