Thread: Tripod Heads

Tripod Heads

I do own a number of high quality tripods in a variety of sizes (for photography). I want to repurpose them for glassing and maybe (the thought occurred to me after a quick google search) as a rifle rest. Any first hand experiences for a lightweight glassing head (ideally with pistol grip) or rifle rest, maybe a system that quickly allows to switch from one to another? A quick google search was somewhat unsatisfactory.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tripod Heads

I only seen the Boggs

Vortex Summit SS has a nice quick release base that I leave on my spotting scope plus you can purchase extra bases for whatever else you want to mount. Should give you an idea.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

I got the tripod already - just looking for the head. I saw this one https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07NTRGRLJ/...v_ov_lig_dp_it as a rifle rest... but not sure how good it is.

Look at outdoorsman.com.
    A good buddy of mine had one, the pistol grip.
    I really liked the ease of use.

The outdoorsman pistol grip is what your after, I believe the make a v-yoke that attaches for shooting off of as well.

Wow, the outdoorsmans (weird spelling) stuff seems really nice. But damn that stuff is expensive, more than manfrotto gear... I do like their rifle rests, though... not currently available but will keep an eye onit. Thanks for the tip