Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Alaska Closes spring bear season, how long do we have?

Re: Alaska Closes spring bear season, how long do we have?

^^^^he's right though......

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    What do they say about taxis?
    It doesn't say no taxi's.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey87 View Post
    Don't know if it's been mentioned or not yet but Alaska's bear season is back on for there residence. They have only closed it to non-residents as predicted to stop travel from out of country or state hunters
    They have also restricted travel between communities.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    They have also restricted travel between communities.
    Where does it say that

Fishing and Hunting COVID-19

Specific guidance for angling and hunting activities, including but not limited to:
    • Fish and hunt locally.

Whats considered local? any thing within 4-5 hours drive?

Quote Originally Posted by The Donald View Post
    Sorry have to disagree, if the close it, kiss the whole season good by, if you haven't noticed once you lose something in hunting and fishing you're dreaming if you think you will get it back. Hows the gbear hunting going for you, how about the experimental halibut slot size for 1 year going for you, you see a bit of a pattern here??
    YUP ! Getting anything back from from the GOV is nearly impossible ! Especially with Whoregan and his company of Idiot Bandits ! jmo RJ

Once the weather warms up,the virus will slow down and almost go away. With the cold weather in October November it will be back. Let’s hope they have a vaccine soon.
    I could give a crap if I miss a season of hunting and fishing, I’ve got folks I know sick with Covid.
    Lets get our priorities right folks.
    All the EXPERTS are certain about is they don’t know much where Covid is concerned.

We should absolutely give a crap about having our rights being taking away!,i am actually very sorry to hear that people you know are being affected by this, however you tell me how me being out in the middle of nowhere completly alone, providing food for my family by fishing/hunting is adding to the problem?, completly agree that action needs to taken,im not against social distancing/quarantine (actually kind of like it haha). But being ok with the fact that we could possibly be forced to have to buy food that we are well and able to provide for ourselves is much too sheepish way of thinking for me.

Obviously being in the mountains alone or with a child will not be a problem. it’s when we hop into our trucks
    and drive halfway across the province, buying fuel and groceries along the way.

I hope it gets better soon, no way you can keep a 6 foot distance inside a small bush plane.
    Last edited by jac; 04-06-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Has it crossed anyones mind that its not only the spread they are concerned about but also people getting needlessly injured and having to visit the hospital. Not just us hunters but the ATV guys Hikers, Mountain bikers, 4x4 guys you get where I am going.