Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaska Closes spring bear season, how long do we have?

Re: Alaska Closes spring bear season, how long do we have?

I can see the traveling to go hunting in a airplane should be banned at the moment. I’m guessing they get a lot of hunters from other states flying up there to hunt. For bc resident hunting in bc using your truck to get there i hope
    that doesn’t get shut down. It’s going to be hard on the outfitters with most business coming from non residents
    Last edited by jac; 04-02-2020 at 09:19 AM.

I cant see it being shut down, i can see some enforcement by CO on multiple people in a truck on FSR etc.

How will this impact wild game butchers though, how do you take your game to them etc now? are they classed as essential?
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the the most intelligent , it is the one most adaptable to change"

Does Alaska any of the virus?

Seems like a lack of common sense here from officials trying to be reactive.

Well guys I guess we finally figured out what the Illuminati was up to when they invented and unleashed the virus, they were trying to turn us all into non-hunting vegans! You can all take off your tinfoil hats now.

most of alaska bear hunts are probably conducted by non residents of the state. So it only makes sense to not encourage people to think about travelling under the notion that they are going to be in isolation. That certainly won't be the case gettting there, could be a bit of a different story once you are out in the wilderness but...

I would rather see them simply shut down all non resident hunting, I would think that is more effective. I hope BC doesn't blindly follow and keeps resident opportunities open at the very least. No matter what though, this is going to be a hard year for any business, including the GO's. I wish them all the best, some of them are really going to struggle when they are owner operators rather than millionaires
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Country meadows butcher is still open as of now just by appointment only

I can see a lot of communities around the province not wanting a flood of lower mainlanders coming up, going into stores, gas stations, etc. FN are definitely going to shut it down. Except for themselves. It’s almost a guarantee that it will get closed. First hint will be no LEH.

Well, if they impose that here, there are some areas of BC that will be "over run" by BBears!
    Not sure how they faired, but last fall, we were literally stepping all over them in a part of the EK.

Oh well....maybe better to live to hunt another day, all things considered.
    Mind you, a lot more things should be banned 1st in assisting the limiting of C-19, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    I can see a lot of communities around the province not wanting a flood of lower mainlanders coming up, going into stores, gas stations, etc. FN are definitely going to shut it down. Except for themselves. It’s almost a guarantee that it will get closed. First hint will be no LEH.
    And those stores, gas stations and takeout places won't last a month without lower mainlanders stopping in. I highly doubt Cache Creek has a high enough population to support 6(? Including ashcroft) Gas stations. Not to mention those who fill up.in Clinton. With the unemployment in 100 mile the only thing keeping the area a float lately is tourism. If they shut it down they kill these towns.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!