Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaska Closes spring bear season, how long do we have?

Re: Alaska Closes spring bear season, how long do we have?

If you look up all the pandemic viruses throughout the recent years. More people dye of the seasonal flu then this thing. Covid spreads fast and no cure, that’s scary. And I’m self isolating but still I believe media
    makes it worse

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    Alaska has clarified, it's only non residents that are closed down. It would be neat if they did that here too.
    They essentially have right now with federal border closures to non essential travel. As long as they are on there will be no non-resident alien hunting.

The province is urging the cancellation of all non-essential travel, including tourism within B.C., to slow the spread of COVID-19.
    During the daily virus press conference Thursday, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry asked those in B.C. to halt all travel within the province not deemed “essential,” especially to smaller communities.
    “There are many of our smaller communities that are very concerned about people coming to vacation homes, to fishing lodges, etc. I am asking people now to forego those types of travel,” Dr. Henry said.
    She said smaller communities may not have the healthcare resources to handle an outbreak if a tourist transmits the virus.

Stay tuned for a blockade forming near you
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I don't see the need to shut er down, I think we are going to have a handle on the social distancing by then, and gas stations, food stores, etc in the interior are all going to have protocol in place. They need the business too, and i don't think its wise nor prudent to shut er down because the USA does. Their Covid thing is quite different than ours.... at this time anyway.

I can see some people giddy over the thought of the season being closed...I can think of alot of things that could go sideways on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    Seen this morning that Alaska closed their spring bear season until further notice in response to COVID 19. Here in BC that hasn’t happened yet but at https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...id-19-updates#, you can subscribe for changes. My suspicion is that it is only a matter of time until something similar happens here. Provincial parks are closed and all recreational campsites are closed until April 30.

I got out yesterday for opener, but with little green up, colder temps and snow things are going to be several weeks yet. Going to keep at it as long as the opportunity is there though.
    Well that doesn't or wouldn't make sense but the government does quite a few things that doesn't make sense so.... and if they shut down the season we all know there's too many bears anyway so I'm going to go into the bush and I might get attacked by a bear so I guess I'll have to shoot one in self defence....

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    The province is urging the cancellation of all non-essential travel, including tourism within B.C., to slow the spread of COVID-19.
    During the daily virus press conference Thursday, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry asked those in B.C. to halt all travel within the province not deemed “essential,” especially to smaller communities.
    “There are many of our smaller communities that are very concerned about people coming to vacation homes, to fishing lodges, etc. I am asking people now to forego those types of travel,” Dr. Henry said.
    She said smaller communities may not have the healthcare resources to handle an outbreak if a tourist transmits the virus.

Stay tuned for a blockade forming near you
    I can see roadblocks if this keeps up, welcome to communist Canada.
    As soon as the snow is gone I want to go and continue work on my log house
    in the Cariboo and it would suck big time if they prevent me from doing that.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Well that doesn't or wouldn't make sense but the government does quite a few things that doesn't make sense so.... and if they shut down the season we all know there's too many bears anyway so I'm going to go into the bush and I might get attacked by a bear so I guess I'll have to shoot one in self defence....
    I can see you being attacked by a Mule deer and a couple Whitetails too.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    If you look up all the pandemic viruses throughout the recent years. More people dye of the seasonal flu then this thing. Covid spreads fast and no cure, that’s scary. And I’m self isolating but still I believe media
    makes it worse
    I think it's all blown out of proportion, a lot of fearmongering going on.
    Oh dear government save us, we will do everything you are asking.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    I think it's all blown out of proportion, a lot of fearmongering going on.
    Oh dear government save us, we will do everything you are asking.
    have you watched the news recently, look what’s happening in Italy. I mean the bulk of people will be fine but this is pretty serious.
    Last edited by jac; 04-02-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerbc View Post
    For the most part , hunting is a social event. We all like to gather around a campfire at the end of the day to discuss our adventure. So who do you take with you? Most of us are self isolating at the moment, so in theory, I can call a buddy who for the last 14 days has done the same thing. Off we go, to our out of the way location and for the most part should be just fine, assuming we only bought some gas along the way and brought everything else from home. 4 or 5 days in camp is really "isolating". Now we need supplies. Are we close enough to home?? Do we risk a trip into a local town? Let's call another buddy. But wait. Where has he been? Do we risk another person in camp?
    This virus is the most devastating killer the world has ever known!! Thank goodness , British Columbia starting reacting ahead of the curve. I truly believe we will be in a better position in 30 days than anyone else in Canada. At least for those who do not live in a big city. But, I am the true optimist. I say, let's go hunting, let's play a little golf, practice social distancing and hopefully with better weather here now we can enjoy more outdoor activities. My wife has just informed me , I, we , are not going anywhere for the next three weeks. Damn, and I just filled the truck up with cheaper gas than we have had in months. Hang in there folks, we will beat this thing and be better for it.
    I have enjoyed the social aspect of hunting with a trusted friend or two in camp, but to be honest, my most successful trip have been solo and I like it like that. But if we get banned from traveling, yes it will kibosh at least one already planned hunting trip and a fishing trip for may and June with buds.