Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaska Closes spring bear season, how long do we have?

Re: Alaska Closes spring bear season, how long do we have?

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    WAG they want to reduce travel

According to mandate 12
    All in-state travel between communities, whether resident, worker, or visitor, is prohibited unless travel is to support critical infrastructure, or for critical personal needs. Certain Small Alaskan communities may implement further travel restriction pursuant to “Alaska Small Community Emergency Travel Order - Attachment B.”
    Personal travel is prohibited except as necessary to meet critical personal needs or work in critical infrastructure jobs. Critical personal needs include buying, selling, or delivering groceries and home goods; obtaining fuel for vehicles or residential needs; transporting family members for out-of-home care, essential health needs, or for purposes of child custody exchanges; receiving essential health care; providing essential health care to a family member; obtaining other important goods; and engaging in subsistence activities. Travelers are reminded to follow social distancing measures, including, to the extent reasonably feasible, keeping six feet away from others, avoiding crowded places, and limiting public gatherings to less than ten people. Read the “Mandate 11 and 12 FAQ’s” for more details.
    Maybe now some of you will wake up and see there's a lot more to C19 than jam packed hospitals that don't exist.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

This morning I was pondering the early season elk hunt and thinking how shitty that missing it would be... it is THE one trip i look forward to and plan for all year. It would suck so bad not to be able to hang with the boys and take my bow for a walk.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Yes, it is gonna suck. If things don’t look good in a week and a bit, I expect a general lockdown with travel restrictions in province. Hope I’m wrong!! They can’t make rules to say it okay to hunting if you can hunt out of your backyard but not if you have to drive. I’ve been out hunting hares from my back yard. Beats hunting nothing and I have a great hare cacciatore recipe. Might get out for bears if the snow melts fast enough before things get shit down. Still 3 ft on most areas at 1000 m around the Loops, except for warm aspects. Makes for great snowshoeing but a long breakup.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    I can see you being attacked by a Mule deer and a couple Whitetails too.
    LOL ya that would happen in the fall during the rut of course....

From my place, I can get to and from many hunting areas without hitting a highway or interacting with anyone. Even if I need fuel, I do it all pay at the pump, and fueling up once for a day/weekend hunt has no more impact than filling up for work every week as I'm an essential worker. I may not be able to hunt with my buddies as usual, but I often hunt solo or with my gf anyways so I see local hunting as having virtually 0 impact on the the virus nonsense and the definition of social distancing and isolation. With how dismal some meat departments have been looking lately I also consider it a benefit to everyone else as if I'm successful it means 1 less family consuming the supply at the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Let’s hope that doesn’t take place here ! How would you prove you need to hunt for food hmmm... you have lost your job due to Covid can’t afford meat . What is the law regarding subsistence hunting currently , and how do you prove you need it .
    Arctic Lake
    The indians have been playing that card for eons, apparently the $60,000 pick-up can't make it to Superstore
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

I dont think it will be hunting and fishing season closures, it will be a total bush closure. Sure hunters and fishers travel, but so do rock climbers, mtn bikers, mountaineers, kayakers etc etc., so shutting it down for 2 user groups will not be sufficient and totally unfair.

Stay tuned

XPEIER

^^^^I think that is exactly what is going to happen. How they enforce it I don't know, highway closures,roadblocks?

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by XPEIer View Post
    I dont think it will be hunting and fishing season closures, it will be a total bush closure. Sure hunters and fishers travel, but so do rock climbers, mtn bikers, mountaineers, kayakers etc etc., so shutting it down for 2 user groups will not be sufficient and totally unfair.

Stay tuned

XPEIER
    Unfortunately you are probably right, good thinking !

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by XPEIer View Post

Stay tuned

XPEIER
    A possibility but what would it solve? Nothing...