Thread: Leupold vx-r 4-12

Leupold vx-r 4-12

Anyone on here using a Leupold VX-R 4-12 x 40 with the Fire dot Reticle ? if so - Opinion's ? RJ

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Leupold vx-r 4-12

I have a few of them. I have one on a Benelli R1 that I use for whitetail hunting. Purchased it when they first came out, which must be seven or eight years ago. The battery lasts a couple of years, and shuts off the dot automatically after three minutes or so with no movement. The glass, I think is better than a VX 3 to me. Great scope if your getting older, as the red dot really draws your eyes to your target. I have a firedot four, as well that has really thick cross hairs. Try one, they work well for me. I use low QRW Leupold rings with the 40mm, as talleys did not cut it. Good luck with it, if you get one.

papa jim..

i have used a couple illumianted recticles.. all with great results.

havent tried the leupold but most leaupold products are great.

I have a couple of them, including the 4-12. Excellent glass, and although I rarely use the illumination, it comes in very handy at twilight on dark colored game. Think Bear/moose.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    havent tried the leupold but most leaupold products are great.
    I Have LOT's of Leupolds BUT never had one of these - Seem's to VERY Neat ! RJ

Well i got my New Leupold VR-X 4-12 with the Ballistic Firedot reticle in it ! Weights 14.75 oz So Pretty near as light as a VX111 Model ! Not a target scope BUT should be a GREAT Hunting scope - Now what -which rifle to install it on . RJ