Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squamish valley

Squamish valley

Just wondering if anyone has been up the valley during these crazy times can a guy drive up there still with a little one for the day thanks in advance........

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Squamish valley

Was up there last weekend, squamish main was actually in great condition, rec sites were parking lots though and I don't know how many tents I glassed up on a 1km stretch of river...almost as busy as a long weekend in July, never seen it like that this time of year.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Was down in the Valley doing some fishing along the river last weekend, saw lots of tents and lots of cars. Was a busy place to be for end of March

It is real busy right now. Was up there on Thursday and people everywhere.

I think if you want to go anywhere you really have to get off the beaten path. Thats what im doing. exploring more!

Squamish has just gotten so big and it seems everyone was an SUV and wants to take it "back roading" so that valley has become oversubscribed.

I was up there for a day trip bear hunting on the Friday before the May long weekend a few years ago now and until noon it was fairly quiet all the way into the Elaho River valley. By early afternoon though, ever accessible part of the river bank, wide spot on the the side roads, under the powerlines, gravel pit and even low wet swampy area had at least one and frequently for or five vehicles parked and tents set up.

And gunfire! .22, shotgun and rifle fire every time I stopped the truck. I guess everybody wants to get into the bush for weekend but they're scared of their own shadow so they have to be armed and start shooting at shit as soon as they park too. At least the C.O. was at the Ashlu River bridge by then checking people for PALs.
    Last edited by MichelD; 03-31-2020 at 11:13 AM.

I stopped going there a couple of years ago. A lot of hippies, homeless and animal lovers are going there and turning the place into a zoo.
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly
    Blackwidow Recurve 56" 61# @ 28"

Quote Originally Posted by rollingrock View Post
    I stopped going there a couple of years ago. A lot of hippies, homeless and animal lovers are going there and turning the place into a zoo.
    Yeah, it has sure changed. When I got my first 4x4 in 1992 and starting going up the Ashlu or Elaho for a day or two bear hunting in May I would hardly see a soul weekdays. Now zoo as you say any day of the week.

Just HOPING all you LMLander's spend your EXTRA time up there in Squamish and maybe move up to around Pemberton - lots of room there i Hear ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Just HOPING all you LMLander's spend your EXTRA time up there in Squamish and maybe move up to around Pemberton - lots of room there i Hear ! RJ
    Nope, Pemby is full and no game to be seen, keep on driving and don't stop until you pass Lillooet!
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear