Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is BC ready for panic hunting?

Is BC ready for panic hunting?

First Nations and rural residents worry about safety as licence sales spike during COVID-19.

Some troubling opinions here

https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2020/04/21/Hunting-And-Fishing-On-The-Rise-During-Pandemic/?mc_cid=64f318e508&mc_eid=a1e77eff14

WatershedWatchSalmonSociety
    Last edited by boxhitch; 04-24-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Is BC ready for panic hunting?

safety as licence sales spike during COVID-19. is it a spike in lic, sales or is every body just just buying their lic for the year? And why would the FNs be worried about it?

here's an idea. hunt wherever you want and, here's the tough part for most people, don't be an idiot. get all the provisions you need in the place you live so you can minimize contact while you travel to your camp. be less risky while afield, knowing that vehicle recoveries, or SAR activity will increase risk for people having to help your dumb ass. shit happens, but we can make it happen a bit less this year without having to ruin hunting and fishing.

Wouldn't the real question be if there is a spike in CORE course registration?

Quote Originally Posted by metalface View Post
    people having to help your dumb ass.
    to clarify, this is the proverbial "you", which includes me, and isn't directed at any one specifically.

People are just buying their tags early this year because they are worried about possible disruptions.

There does seem to be a little more road traffic this year but this is explained by the fact that people are travelling one to a vehicle. I have had one guy stop to ask where to shoot a turkey (I told him, in the head.) and two guys who walked through my place because they had gotten turned around. They took the opportunity to ask where they could shoot a turkey.
    Apart from these two incidents, I have not seen any real uptick in activity here. GD

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    First Nations and rural residents worry about safety as licence sales spike during COVID-19.

Some troubling opinions here

https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2020/04/21/Hunting-And-Fishing-On-The-Rise-During-Pandemic/?mc_cid=64f318e508&mc_eid=a1e77eff14

WatershedWatchSalmonSociety
    First Nations don't need to worry about resident hunters affecting game numbers negatively in most cases, but they should be worrying about their own bad apples...

Without reading anything.... I feel it''s people just have free time for spring bear season this year

Just another way to stop non FN from hunting....
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER