Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Never buy Mystery Ranch

Re: Never buy Mystery Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by rollingrock View Post
    You guys must be making good wages! I've never paid attention to this brand until this thread. $500 for a backpack? Go to Aliexpress and pay $50 for something doing exactly the same thing!

buy once cry once. Let’s quit filling out landfills with Chinese trash. Hell let’s quit supporting those communist liars all together.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Been thinking of upgrading my pack....A plastic frame Coleman Peak 1, first sheep I packed off a mountain with it was back in the mid 80's and the pack is still in decent shape ....I'm pretty sure it was priced around 100 back then so 500 for a good pack now isn't bad.
    Stone Glacier is a very good pack, EXO Mountain Gear for me was even a little more comfortable than the SG, but funny enough for me the old Mystery Ranch Nice frame is by far the best of the bunch for comfortability, I have two of the new Mystery Ranch Guide Light frames and they are good also but definitely for me the Nice frame is the best.

In saying that its like boots what works for me may not work for you, if at all possible try some packs on before forking out a $1000 bucks on something that may not fit right.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by rollingrock View Post
    You guys must be making good wages! I've never paid attention to this brand until this thread. $500 for a backpack? Go to Aliexpress and pay $50 for something doing exactly the same thing!
    I truly hope you appreciate the irony of that post considering you have two custom recurves listed in your signature line. Don’t you know you can make your own bow from like $11 of different diameter black plastic pipe?!?!?! Why would anyone have a buffalo horn inlay on a BOW when you can just put a wrap of duct tape on there for decoration! They both do exactly the same thing, fling arrows!

Real men use a Bullpac. I've always thought that mystery ranch and sitka packs are for the same guys who wear blue camo outfits to the range.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

You can keep the aliexpress pack, 30mins into a 10 day hike you will regret saving $450 bucks. I like my mystery ranch!!

Love my Mystery Ranch Marshall...Great pack...Bought at Great North Precision and their customer service is top notch. No need to ever deal with anyone stateside if you go through them.

I like my MR Pintler. Bought it in Cranbrook last season when my Kuiu gave out on me for a second time. Have since bought some MR accessories from Great North Precision in Kelowna... nary a problem.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Markjames View Post
    no. I bought a new sight for my bow and used the bag for a target. Hahaha nahhh they made me ship it back. But that also took many arguments before they paid for that. Also don’t get me wrong. The bag itself is awesome (when the zippers zip) Just the company isn’t worth wasting your time with.
    Did you get all of your money back including shipping and duty? I wonder how your experience would have been if you purchased it from a Canadian dealer or directly through rampart?
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Sorry other about your problems with CS but I have to say after five years of use I love my Metcalf and 6500. Here's a look at MR and a few other packs and how they compare. Buy once cry once never more true.

'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

Now thats a stress test!