Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Never buy Mystery Ranch

Re: Never buy Mystery Ranch

Same experience with a Badlands pack. Came with a lifetime warranty and within months a number of the tabs on the zippers broke off. Called their warranty department and they confirmed they would fix it for free, but I would be responsible for shipping + duties both ways to the States...

Hmmm friend bought an MR pack and it didnt fit him properly. They sent him a new yoke within a week no questions.

Did you buy it in the US or at one of the Canadian stores that carry it?
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Did you buy it in the US or at one of the Canadian stores that carry it?
    bought it online. Came from the states. But what they told me is that even if I had bought it from a place in Canada they still would charge me. I had to get reps from Canadian stores to get involved. There is a repair place in Ottawa. But that costs pretty much the same to ship to. Mystery ranch bluntly told me that I should researched that mystery ranch is an American company and they don’t help Canadians due to international shipping Take it how you will. Just thought I would share my experience so people can make their own decisions when buying a high end pack.

Sounds about right. If that happened to me id be pissed!! Just tell em you want your money back and get a SG

Weird. I have a Metcalf that the previous owner had removed some straps to save weight. I contacted MR and they told me to send it back, they charged me $10 to re-sew new straps on. I only had to pay shipping to their shop in the states and the $10. No tax or duty since it was a warranty service not new goods coming across.

Quote Originally Posted by Markjames View Post
    bought it online. Came from the states. But what they told me is that even if I had bought it from a place in Canada they still would charge me. I had to get reps from Canadian stores to get involved. There is a repair place in Ottawa. But that costs pretty much the same to ship to. Mystery ranch bluntly told me that I should researched that mystery ranch is an American company and they don’t help Canadians due to international shipping Take it how you will. Just thought I would share my experience so people can make their own decisions when buying a high end pack.
    I love my mystery ranch setup BUT back when they switched over to the guide light I tried real hard to grab a 6500 and couldn't get one in Canada.... I contacted the store in the states and they refused to deal with me because Rampart was - at the time - the exclusive dealer and they had an agreement with them that they wouldn't sell to anyone in Canada. I 'went through the trouble' of getting a relatives address to send it to and got the same guy on the phone and he told me he wouldn't sell it to me.

I ended up finding a used 6500 in the end... that being said, other than that experience and yours I've only heard guys say good things about MR's service so who knows.

I didnt have as bad as experience as you did with them, but did have one that left a sour taste in my mouth. I had a metcalf and couldnt get it to feel right, I wanted to because i really like the bag design etc. Ive had all the best companies packs, SG, Kifaru and usually always reach out with their CS for something. Anyways I wanted to try a larger yolk, same story i would of had to buy one, send mine back etc. Would of cost me hundreds of dollars just to try it, which it might not even work for me in the end. Where as these other companies would just send you one and i know for a fact they would, just to help and make sure that their pack fits you the best that is possibly can. Just seemed like like they didn't care if it fit me properly or not. Sold that pack and kept the stone glacier, those guys stand behind their product.

I had a MR on order recently but canceled and went with a Stone Glacier.
    Still love my Pintler though.

I have three MR bags and love them all.

After 5-6 years of ownership I broke a chest strap and after emailing admitting I broke it of my own fault and that I couldn't find the part on the website at the time, they emailed back the same day said they'd ship me up the item free of charge. Three business days later I had the part plus an email following up to make sure everything worked and fit well.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Every company has a bad day, a bad staffer etc, but in my experience MR deserves my brand loyalty over many other brands.
    What goes around, comes around. Think first, and always act with respect.