Thread: Winchester M100 Old firing pin

Winchester M100 Old firing pin

Just received a Winchester M100.
    Field stripped it to give it a good clean and check if the firing pin recall has been done. The best I can tell it has not. I cant be sure as I cannot remove the pin from the bolt housing.
    1. Anyone have any idea how to remove it (no other pins holding it in place as far as I can see)
    2. Any Winchester dealers around who carry the new style firing pin. As of 2015 Winchester was still honoring the recall or so the interweb says!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Winchester M100 Old firing pin

Just muscled the old firing out and it is round not flat so it's the old one I think?

Quote Originally Posted by ROY-alty33 View Post
    Just muscled the old firing out and it is round not flat so it's the old one I think?
    Was it pretty gummed up?
    You may be able to access Winchester's recall page, enter the serial number and they may be able to tell if the recall was done, at least that someone had asked for the pin and it was sent to them. Or, they may not have applied it to the specific firearm and one would be pending. Of course this may now be redundant as considerable time has past. If so, you may have to go in a roundabout manner to get the part.
    I had a similar experience with a Howa 1500. Discovered after the fact. In this case, it was still honored but I had to send the entire bolt to a gunsmithing business in Arkansas. That was an instance of trial and tribulation in dealing with the various departments of the US government and that was a time that they were not nearly so anal as they are now. Got the bolt back about 6 weeks later.
    So, good luck.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by ROY-alty33 View Post
    You are correct. The replacement ones are flat.

Nope not gummed up at all. Can see how they could get stuck. Email Winchester to see if they will send me a new one