Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never buy Mystery Ranch

Never buy Mystery Ranch

Soooo here is my story. Thought I would share it for anyone in the pack market (wish I new before I bought). Purchased a brand new (2019 version) of mystery ranch metcalf. When it arrived it had 2 broken zippers. Not a cheap pack . So I called the warranty department and they told me there was nothing they could do because I live in Canada. If I sent it to them they would fix it but my cost both ways and duty . That would be 3/4 of the bag price !!!!! Absolutely a joke. I talked to many others in the mystery ranch department and no one could help me. Sooo I got 3 Canadian reps involved. Took me hours and about 2 weeks. They decided to send me a new bag ( thank you reps). but since it was a 2019 version they would have to make me a new hip belt because they were out of stock. When the new bag arrived the hip belt wasn’t measured correctly and was 4 inches shorter then the original size.........they my actually told me there was nothing they could do. Said I shouldn’t buy mystery ranch if I don’t live in the states. They do have a repair facility in Ottawa but shipping isn’t covered Absolutely the worst customer service and quality control. Buy something else !!!! Anything else.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Never buy Mystery Ranch

That’s got to be the first bad review I’ve seen on mystery ranch. Sucks that happened to you mate.
    Is the new backpack useable? Or is the hip belt waaaay too short?

It sounds like a shitty experience, which sucks, but issuing a blanket statement about the company seems a bit much to me.

I have owned an MR pack for over 10 years and have had zero issues with it. I know a number of fellas(guides included) who do their best to run their packs into the ground and get far more use out of them than the average hunter, again with zero issues.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

I had a bad experience with badlands warranty, I emailed my frustrations and they made it proper ASAP.

Sorry to hear of your frustrations with a quality brand

I had to disassemble the broken bag and use the original hip belt The one they made at the factory specifically for me ( told me it would be completely checked ) was so small it wouldn’t even fit around my wife’s hips. And she’s 115 pounds

Never once had an issue with mystery ranch products, great stuff. One bad experience doesn’t mean it’s not a great product. Sorry about your luck. But I’m not sure why you’d order from the states when lots of hunting stores in bc carry mystery ranch.
    Shoot em' Whack em' Stack em'

Mark if it is only belt is too short,,,go for shoerepair shop,,they can make it longer...no big money,,,yes it sucks but better get some use out of it.

Thanks for the heads up. I will keep it in mind.

I wish it were that easy. The actually padded part of the hip belt. If it were just the straps I would have done that exactly

Wow, I love my mystery ranch. The only time I ever spoke to them they sent me what I needed and never cost one penny