Thread: Web site not using TLS/HTTPS

Web site not using TLS/HTTPS

This site doesn't use encryption, even for the sign in. My password manager complains bitterly about it.

I've gone to total encryption for the sites I manage. One hosting company I use (canadianwebhosting) offers them for free (I think it's actually cpanel that sets it up). You can also get free certificates from Let's Encrypt.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Web site not using TLS/HTTPS

I noticed that long ago but I don't have any important information on here, so it doesn't matter.
    But it could create problems for the site managers.
    - When someone takes away your right to defend yourself, you are a victim.
    When you take away your own right to defend yourself, you are a sheep.
    - We need a study to study the study. If the study that studied the study does not concur with the studied study’s findings, we will need a study to study the study that studied the study.

Google is pushing for encryption of all sites and down ranks sites that are open. It's also about the data. ISPs (like Shaw and Telus) monitor your browsing and sell the data to advertisers which competes with how Google makes their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Dog View Post
    Google is pushing for encryption of all sites and down ranks sites that are open. It's also about the data. ISPs (like Shaw and Telus) monitor your browsing and sell the data to advertisers which competes with how Google makes their money.

Yes but https adds considerable overhead and cost to HTTP.
    I am personally not for encrypting information that doesn't need encryption.
    - When someone takes away your right to defend yourself, you are a victim.
    When you take away your own right to defend yourself, you are a sheep.
    - We need a study to study the study. If the study that studied the study does not concur with the studied study’s findings, we will need a study to study the study that studied the study.