Thread: First bear spotted of the year, 3-13!

First bear spotted of the year, 3-13!

Well this gives me some hope for an early start to this season... this is the first time since moving to BC I’ve laid eyes on a bear before MAY and that’s not for lack of trying haha, was at work and looking out the window to the “mountain” and rolling hills we have as a back drop and low and behold there was a large black bear feeding it’s way across a large clearing very slowly.. maybe this will be my year to fill an April bear tag???

hopefully this makes everyone else as anxious as I am haha all tags for the season in hand currently, counting down the days and hoping this warm weather holds on.
    Last edited by RyoTHC; 03-23-2020 at 06:27 PM.
    Proud member of the Second Nations community.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: First bear spotted of the year, 3-13!

Nice! Spring bear is one of my favorite hunts. Weather is typically nice and you get to sleep in! That's good news thanks for sharing.

pics or it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith
    It doesn't matter if you harvest an animal or not. In the end after all the meat is gone, all you're left with is memories, so every hunt is a success, some simply have more high fives than others!

Who’s going to be out early now this April with being stuck at home and no work? I think I may check out couple spots in region 3 when I’m back up there in April for the hell of it

I hike 2-5 hours every second day on the North island. No signs of bear or scat here yet.

A couple bears were out near my property the other day, though I didn't see them (I'm lower in elevation)....

Seen 2 piles of bear scat while out wandering the mountains in 2-19 this weekend.