Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Grizzly backup 45/70 or 12 gauge

Re: Grizzly backup 45/70 or 12 gauge

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights View Post
    Last season made me realize that I need to spend a bit more time and be a bit more careful selecting rifles scopes and learning about accuracy. I’ve also spent a great deal of time this off-season practising my breathing and trying to learn how to slow my heart rate etc. while shooting. I am shooting sub MOMA at 200 yards and just a little outside of it at 300 with the 6.5 Creedmoor. I am definitely more confident than I was last season in my rifle. Turns out the rifle I had had quite a few issues that I wasn’t aware of. All in all it’s been a good off-season I’ve put a ton of practice time in and rounds in and I feel like it has made a huge difference I am very confident now and ready for the new season. With the new 4570 I’ve got it sighted in well at 100 yards and surprisingly I didn’t find the recoil that bad with the Hornady 325 grain bullets. I find it quite easy to shoot cycle and load it is very quick to aim and very accurate.
    That sounds awesome. I should spend more time in the off season practicing. 45-70 was an excellent choice in my opinion. It'll work great for island bear.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

I whacked a big timber wolf on the run at about 80 yards a couple of years ago with the 45/70,,,bang, lights out,,through both shoulders and broke the spine,,,,one tail flip,,I use that thing on everything

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Yah but we all know how wonky your chrono is lmao, how you bin buddy long time no speak. 100% agree, when the excrement hits the rotating blades you dont feel recoil you just do what's needed and check the bruise latter.This know
    LOL,,my chrony reads the same as Rem Jims,,,how are ya Buddy,,,

I'm unsure if the OP is asking if he/she can bring ONE gun that can fill the freezer AND defense against a bear. If that is the case, go with the 45-70, a Hornady FTX or similar fired in a modern 45-70 will definitely drop the bear on the spot if you do your part right.