Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Grizzly backup 45/70 or 12 gauge

Re: Grizzly backup 45/70 or 12 gauge

I'd use the action you are most comfortable with. I would need an awful lot of ammo to run a lever gun as quickly and effectively as I can a pump shotgun.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

My bear defense gun is a SKS with two clips loaded with FMJ and lead tip (loaded alternately). Haven't had to use it yet thankfully but I think it will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    Pretty ignorant mosin if serious. Could learn a lot from people if you just listen with open ears.
    Just playing around chill man. I know Rupp knows his shyt

Quote Originally Posted by lakelander View Post
    My bear defense gun is a SKS with two clips loaded with FMJ and lead tip (loaded alternately). Haven't had to use it yet thankfully but I think it will do the trick.
    Except for the fact that FMJ ammo is illegal to use while hunting or trapping in BC and your SKS will probably jam like the rest haha. You need to re think your setup there..

Quote Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
    Just playing around chill man. I know Rupp knows his shyt
    sorry I took it wrong, quarantine getting the best of me.. starting to get stressed out lol
    my apologies

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Except for the fact that FMJ ammo is illegal to use while hunting or trapping in BC and your SKS will probably jam like the rest haha. You need to re think your setup there..

I don’t see the need for FMJ ammunition either, but SKS rifles are not prone to jams. It’s more likely to jam a pump action shotgun than an SKS.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    I don’t see the need for FMJ ammunition either, but SKS rifles are not prone to jams. It’s more likely to jam a pump action shotgun than an SKS.
    I agree, I bet the average guy would short stroke the pump

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

If you cant cycle your Gun well in a high Stress Situation (high Stress in my mind is under 15 Feet), you probably have a Bad Day. The heavier the Bullet the better.

Been there done that.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    I don't hunt with FMJ. This is my defense gun - would you not shoot a charging bear without a tag to save your life? That would be "illegal" too. My SKS has never ever jammed after 1500 rounds through it haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    FMJ would be a good bone buster to slow/stop a charge for a follow up lead tip shot