Thread: Indian River Road, access from south?

Indian River Road, access from south?

Does anyone know how to access the Indian River Road (starting/ending in Squamish) from the south? Map suggest to go over Pipeline Road in Coquitlam, but that one is gated at a watershed right north of town. Can't see any obvious way around it. Any suggestions?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Indian River Road, access from south?

There is no public road access other than the Indian River FSR. Only access from the south is via boat through the Indian Arm, and the dock at the end of the Arm is native. I would suggest getting in touch with the band before trying to tie up, they are active in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by granola_eater View Post
    There is no public road access other than the Indian River FSR. Only access from the south is via boat through the Indian Arm, and the dock at the end of the Arm is native. I would suggest getting in touch with the band before trying to tie up, they are active in the area.
    The road into the Coquitlam watershed is also gated from the north as you leave the Indian river valley. Indian river FSR is the only way via road in or out.

There is a road that takes off from the right side of the highway when you are northbound to Squamish at the Stwamus River. That is supposed to be the start to the Indian River road. I have heard all sorts of things about this road over 20yrs. Always wanted to do it but never have. I have heard it was blocked due to slides, FN all sorts of things. google it up and maybe go waste some fuel.

Yer supposed to stay at home...so why worry bout dooin that road?
    Stay home don't spread the shit around!

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    There is a road that takes off from the right side of the highway when you are northbound to Squamish at the Stwamus River. That is supposed to be the start to the Indian River road. I have heard all sorts of things about this road over 20yrs. Always wanted to do it but never have. I have heard it was blocked due to slides, FN all sorts of things. google it up and maybe go waste some fuel.
    That's the access to the indian river FSR-- the only access in or out. It's still snowed in as of this week.

The Indian River FSR will still be snowed in at the summit by the time bear season closes with the late spring we've had.