Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cargo Renovation

Re: Cargo Renovation

Looks good. That what I have and it works great. Didn't buy the all in one units. Went through the floor intake and exhaust. Fuel is on the tongue with batteries. Injectors in a box with the diesel tank. Everything dirty is mounted outside. Runs hot and heats things up well. Put it on idle for the night. Wake up nice and warm. You could do the same through the floor in one of your cabinets. About the size of a shoe box needs about 3 inches around to draw air. Vent in one side of the cabinet and out the other.

I did cargo conversion a couple years back, used same insulation( which worked
    really well even in curvatures) the cabinetry was from Home Depot that was blowing them out for $50/ per item pre assembled ( that was a big time saver)
    heat came courtesy of a different trailer I had,it’s a small force air propane furnace
    instead of folding bunks, I just went with folding cots and foamies from army and navy. Mine was a 7’x14’x7’height with ramp door. Fit my Polaris Rzr 800S with room to spare. Your project looks awesome, looks really well crafted, now you
    just gotta hope you get a chance to use it soon. Well done.

you Guys burn Kerosene or just reg diesel in that heater ? RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chillybilly View Post
    The covers for wiring I purchased from Home Depot, they have a large selection for covering tv computer cables etc.
    I used the same ones when I did my conversion 6 or 7 years ago. I found that they have a tendency to fall down after a while. Anybody have any ideas on what to do to make them stick better?

That is a great looking trailer. You've done an awesome job.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    you Guys burn Kerosene or just reg diesel in that heater ? RJ
    Just diesel. There are a bunch of videos online showing people trying different things. Diesel is the best, funny how it is also designed to run diesel. I have heard of running some kero, 5% or so if it is crazy cold. Best to run what it's built to burn is my thought. If it soots up it is a pita to clean out. Run it full blast on start up 10 min and full blast on shut down 10 min to keep the burner clean.

Right on ! So TRUCK fuel is Find to use ! RJ

Kerosene burns way cleaner and better for the unit. Diesel can carbon these small heaters up. My Espar heater in my jet boat sips kerosene and is a 13,500btu unit. But, kerosene is $3.00/liter.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Kerosene burns way cleaner and better for the unit. Diesel can carbon these small heaters up. My Espar heater in my jet boat sips kerosene and is a 13,500btu unit. But, kerosene is $3.00/liter.
    The kero will run and will run cleaner. The problem is it doesn't lube the dosing pump properly. A light mix in cold or limited use for added cleaning is ok but prolonged use wears out the pump.

Quote Originally Posted by RambleOn View Post
    The kero will run and will run cleaner. The problem is it doesn't lube the dosing pump properly. A light mix in cold or limited use for added cleaning is ok but prolonged use wears out the pump.
    Interesting, even the dealers recommend kerosene to keep the unit clean and don’t have any pump failures.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Maybe a 50/50 mix might work GOOD or ? RJ