Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cargo Renovation

Re: Cargo Renovation

Nice job on the trailer!!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I kept scrolling through your imgur account thinking there was more trailer build photos. Took me a little bit but I kept going, lots of fun and interesting stuff none the less. LOL
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Interesting, even the dealers recommend kerosene to keep the unit clean and don’t have any pump failures.
    Interesting.....The name brand Espars probably have better pumps and can run it no problem. The Chinese Deisel Heaters like the one above for $300 all in can't. You pay a lot more for the Espar assuming most parts are of much better quality.

Quote Originally Posted by RambleOn View Post
    Interesting.....The name brand Espars probably have better pumps and can run it no problem. The Chinese Deisel Heaters like the one above for $300 all in can't. You pay a lot more for the Espar assuming most parts are of much better quality.
    I wouldn’t trust a unit for $300.00, you get what you pay for.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

we just use a candle to heat dads trailer..all though we installed a sink ,propane stove,and fridge that we can cool down to freeze to make our own ice to add to the coolers full of deboned game..

looks like your quite the craftsman thank for sharring.

I've used one of the cheap diesel heaters for over a year and a half. Paid $220 for it on ebay. Mines not the all in one unit show above, but exact same innards. I wouldn't get the all in one unit because the pump ticks and can be annoying. I mounted the pump and fuel reservoir outside. I run straight diesel, never had any fouling. If it's been running for several days make sure you run it up to full speed before shut down. Apparently that burns any built up crud.
    The unit pumps out an incredible amount of heat and keeps my cargo trailer toasty warm. Once fired up and running without the glow plug, it uses very little battery power. Along with a solar panel to top up your battery, it's a great setup.
    If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer.
    Last edited by Ubertuber; 03-23-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Very nice. I still have to put a diesel heater into mine but I need to clear out my trailer and drive Suzi inside to see how I'm going to strap her in and how much room I have left around the Zuki to place my other components like the heater and the storage bins. I'll likely need to build some overhead storage racks for bins up in the nose similar to what you've done. Very nice to see - I like this.

If it's not too late - consider one or two electrical outlets at the back of the unit - maybe even dedicated cell phone charging outlets.
    Swing out vents at the bottom back end of the unit will also help with circulating a bit of a draft from your overhead vent as you drive and this will help rid the fuel fumes you're going to have from the ATV. Just a thought.

I have many more pics but I didn’t want to overload to much. Never had problems with fumes from quad, once arrived I just leave doors open for half hour and any smell is gone. All gas propane is usually in the back of pick up. I’ll have a look at the Espar models.
    Thanks Chilly
    Last edited by Chillybilly; 03-23-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillybilly View Post
    I have many more pics but I didn’t want to overload to much. Never had problems with fumes from quad, once arrived I just leave doors open for half hour and any smell is gone. All gas propane is usually in the back of pick up. I’ll have a look at the Espar models.
    Thanks Chilly
    My Buddy has a Custom Hunting trailer 24 ft long he has a Wood stove too - BUT his Backup heat is a LPG furnace - any reason you want a Diesel heater over a LPG heater ?? RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    My Buddy has a Custom Hunting trailer 24 ft long he has a Wood stove too - BUT his Backup heat is a LPG furnace - any reason you want a Diesel heater over a LPG heater ?? RJ
    I can think of a couple of resaons RJ, diesel is a more dense fuel source, don't have to a pack as much of it and it takes up far less space, diesel works fine in the subzero weather while propane tanks can freeze up.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should