Hey everyone,

I'm a completely new to hunting - got my PAL / CORE last summer, picked up a 22 and a 308 and then joined PCDHFC. I feel pretty confident with the .22 out to 50m with Minimag HPs. The 308 is a work in progress!

With COVID keeping us all inside I figured it was time to get myself, another newbie buddy of mine and his friend (who has been hunting for around 5 years) to go looking for some snowshoe hare and get some fresh air. I'm more than happy to just shoot the shit in the outdoors, so any bunnies would be the cherry on the cake.

We're going to head out next week, I'm looking at two spots, heading out for last 3 hours of light:

1. Just east of Coquihalla Summit / Britton Creek there seem to be a few roads that look promising.
2. Just into MU8-4 near Eastgate.

I've checked the forums here, the synopsis and iHunter and all looks ok to me - but hey I'm new, so I'm expecting to get everything wrong, hence I thought I'd ask the experts.

My questions are:

A. Any preference to either of these if you're not in a 4x4? Still sorting out transport options so it'd be good to know if one or both are out if we only have 2 wheel drive. Happy to pound out a few kms on snowshoes.
B. Do either of these sound like dumb ideas? Newbie = no FSR radio.
C. Any local knowledge you want to share? Obviously be as cryptic as you want - not looking for anyone to give up a top spot to a rando.

We're coming from Vancouver so it's a fair drive, but worth it for the scenery and the fresh air so if there's even a 1% chance of spotting an eye that darts into a hole I'm game.

Thanks everyone!