Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: August sheep hunt gear questions

Re: August sheep hunt gear questions

I run kuiu alpine pants, helly Hanson long johns, kuiu merino wool hoody, kuiu Yukon rain gear. And a arcteryx puffy jacket, and 2 pairs of merino wool socks, that’s all the clothing I take for 2 week aug sheep hunts.

I brought 2 pants last year but really only needed 1 pair. It’s always tough to trust your clothing when your that far in the backcountry

The only thing I honestly wish I woulda had last year was puffy pants. Having to sleep under a siltarp on a knoll in a swamp was quite cold.

Quote Originally Posted by madcalfe View Post
    I run kuiu alpine pants, helly Hanson long johns, kuiu merino wool hoody, kuiu Yukon rain gear. And a arcteryx puffy jacket, and 2 pairs of merino wool socks, that’s all the clothing I take for 2 week aug sheep hunts.
    For september: 1 pair kuiu attack pant, 2 pairs merino wool long johns, 2 pairs first lite compression socks merino, 1 pair first lite merino wool ginch (they go down to lower thigh), 1 kuiu merino/nylon blend hoodie, 1 merino wool T-shirt, kuiu ultradown jacket and kuiu yukon rain gear, 1 neck gaiter, 1 medium thick wool toque, 1 pair warm light gloves

I find Patagonia Goretex products to be top notch. I just bought myself a jacket in Cave Grey for $157. Don't know if you'll find much better value than this. Not cammo, but seems like a good color to be in on the mountain. https://www.patagonia.ca/product/men...964491427.html
    My first post
    Last edited by eriks; 05-28-2020 at 01:09 PM.