Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade 2nd best turkey spots?

Trade 2nd best turkey spots?

I'm looking to trade a bit of intel, my second best region 4 turkey spot on crown land for your second best crown land region 8 turkey spot. The bag limits are regional, not provincial, so you can get a spring gobbler in both regions. PM me!
    Also, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqzaykQ23s8 is the best turkey calling how to video I've found so far.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Trade 2nd best turkey spots?

first post good joke...

region 4 turkeys easy...region 8 turkeys a little harder.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    first post good joke...

region 4 turkeys easy...region 8 turkeys a little harder.
    Very good joke. Too many spots to name in Region 4. Have like 4 consistent spots in Region 8. Would maybe give my forth spot for your first in region 4. And it wouldn't count if I already know it!

Quote Originally Posted by avidnwoutdoorsman View Post
    Very good joke. Too many spots to name in Region 4. Have like 4 consistent spots in Region 8. Would maybe give my forth spot for your first in region 4. And it wouldn't count if I already know it!
    Hey Chris, just curious about the bag limit statement? Do you agree that you can take 1 in the spring from region 4 and 1 in the spring from region 8? I thought we were limited to 1 in spring and 1 in fall as our total provincial bag limit for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    Hey Chris, just curious about the bag limit statement? Do you agree that you can take 1 in the spring from region 4 and 1 in the spring from region 8? I thought we were limited to 1 in spring and 1 in fall as our total provincial bag limit for the season?
    Well it does say aggregate regional, so I would think you can harvest 1 in different regions still
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Not sure if that clears it up or not, but my interpretation is that you could take one in each region. That said, I've never hunted them and would ask for clarification from someone official. Another question this brings up is could a person shoot 2 in each of those regions for a total of 4 on the year? I didn't find anything from the provincial bag limit page to say this would not be possible and each region's aggregate limit is 2.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

After re-reading this, I'm going to say you can shoot one in Region 4 and one in Region 8 in the spring, and do it again in the fall. Making it so you could shoot a total of 4 birds between the two regions. Go to Van Island and there is No Season and NBL....

Looks like I have more turkeys to hunt this year should time allow!

Quote Originally Posted by avidnwoutdoorsman View Post
    After re-reading this, I'm going to say you can shoot one in Region 4 and one in Region 8 in the spring, and do it again in the fall. Making it so you could shoot a total of 4 birds between the two regions. Go to Van Island and there is No Season and NBL....

Looks like I have more turkeys to hunt this year should time allow!
    I got bunged up on the Aggregate two for the year, 1 fall and 1 spring. But that is because there is two fall seasons.... I would always rather under harvest and not get in trouble than over harvest and get dinged. The regulations up here are confusing as heck but then again I don't know where they aren't.

Ok since this thread is already derailed - I can assure you all that the provincial bag limit is 2 birds (as per the wildlife act).
    One in spring, one in fall.
    I had an email correspondence with the CO service regarding this last year. Let’s just say I pointed out their lack of clarity in the regs, as well as discrepancy between synopsis and wildlife act.
    Their response:
    “It seems that it was overlooked and will be corrected. Please note that where there is a discrepancy between the synopsis and the Regulations, the Regulations are the final authority.”
    Twist and pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Krico View Post
    Ok since this thread is already derailed - I can assure you all that the provincial bag limit is 2 birds (as per the wildlife act).
    One in spring, one in fall.
    I had an email correspondence with the CO service regarding this last year. Let’s just say I pointed out their lack of clarity in the regs, as well as discrepancy between synopsis and wildlife act.
    Their response:
    “It seems that it was overlooked and will be corrected. Please note that where there is a discrepancy between the synopsis and the Regulations, the Regulations are the final authority.”
    That’s how I interpreted it and understood it as I first started to research turkey hunting in BC.

Sent an email again to re-ask the question. 5 day response time. I’ll keep y’all posted.