Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade 2nd best turkey spots?

Re: Trade 2nd best turkey spots?

The CO quoted section 11(1)(k) and 11(2). Anyone who wants to argue with them, fill your boots. I can’t be bothered. Offence — species or type of animal

11 (1) Subject to exceptions for areas noted in Parts 1 and 3 of each Schedule, a person commits an offence where he exceeds the Provincial bag limit for a species or type of animal as follows:
    (a) 3 deer;
    (b) 2 black bear;
    (c) 2 cougar;
    (d) 3 wolves;
    (e) one mountain sheep of the genus Ovis;
    (f) one big game animal of a species other than those referred to in paragraphs (a) to (e);
    (g) and (h) Repealed. [B.C. Reg. 216/2000, s. 4.]
    (i) 5 bobcat;
    (j) 10 snowshoe hare per day.
    (k) one (1) bearded turkey.
    (2) Where a bag limit in an area is higher than the Provincial bag limit for a species or type of animal, a person commits an offence where he kills more than the number of animals permitted by the higher bag limit less the number of animals of that species or type taken by him anywhere else in the Province.
    Twist and pull.

Safeway in Penticton always has a nice flock of birds. This is my number 1 spot for region 8 but it’s not on crown land. Haha

That’s what I thought. 1 spring and 1 fall for a total of 2 for the year no matter regional.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    That’s what I thought. 1 spring and 1 fall for a total of 2 for the year no matter regional.
    This is correct. One in spring (MUST be bearded), and one in fall (any bird) province wide.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

In region 4 it took me 3 days to see a hen, 5 to hear a gobble, and 6 to harvest a tom, maybe I was in the wrong valley. I wasn't meaning to be offensive or unreasonable. It's a moot point anyways if the bag limit is actually provincial, and not regional as set out in the regs.

Quote Originally Posted by Omineca View Post
    In region 4 it took me 3 days to see a hen, 5 to hear a gobble, and 6 to harvest a tom, maybe I was in the wrong valley. I wasn't meaning to be offensive or unreasonable. It's a moot point anyways if the bag limit is actually provincial, and not regional as set out in the regs.
    Sounds like a turkey hunt to me! Especially when you are hunting somewhere with lower bird density then what you are use to!

Quote Originally Posted by Omineca View Post
    The don’t call ‘em “winged whitetail” for nothing. They can be hard to find, and when you do, they are way smarter than you’d think! Personally, I love to hunt turkey. It’s probably my favorite hunt.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Response from my email....

Thank you for your email dated March 11, 2020, regarding bag limits for turkey. Your enquiry has been forwarded to me for response.

The Provincial bag limit for bearded turkey is one.

The regional bag limits for turkey are:

• Region 1: No Bag Limit
    • Region 4: The bag limit for turkey is 2.
      • In the spring the bag limit is one bearded turkey.
      • In the fall the bag limit is one turkey.

• Region 8: The bag limit for turkey is 2.

My interpretation of this is that a person cannot harvest more than one bearded turkey per year. Any harvest beyond one bearded turkey must be a female turkey.

Note that turkey seasons in the Kootenays, and the provincial bag limit for turkey are currently under review and subject to change. Please refer to the 2020-2022 Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis, anticipated to be published in June, 2020, for more information.

Regards,

I’d love to know how he interprets what’s printed to mean that you can only shoot 1 bearded turkey per year.
    Twist and pull.

That also contradicts what was sent to me by a CO.
    Which I am of course keeping on record.
    Twist and pull.