Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stryker Boats - good?

Re: Stryker Boats - good?

For me: Storage space and ease of transport (don't have space for a trailer, not to mention a boat), also the option of taking them into remote locations. If I had space for a trailer, I'd rather invest in a hunting quad than a boat to be honest... Not using it often enough

Quote Originally Posted by Outbound View Post
    I don't really understand the attraction of inflatable boats. They're not very comfortable, they don't have an efficient use of space due to the pontoons, they're a hassle to set up, many don't have a rigid floor (it appears Stryker offers this though?). Other than portability and low sides for people to use them as diving and swimming platforms, I don't see why I would choose one over an aluminum boat.

What are the advantages of them over a similarly sized aluminum boat for the average user?

Quote Originally Posted by Outbound View Post
    I don't really understand the attraction of inflatable boats. They're not very comfortable, they don't have an efficient use of space due to the pontoons, they're a hassle to set up, many don't have a rigid floor (it appears Stryker offers this though?). Other than portability and low sides for people to use them as diving and swimming platforms, I don't see why I would choose one over an aluminum boat.

What are the advantages of them over a similarly sized aluminum boat for the average user?
    10X more stable than a tin boat.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

I use both at different times. I have an 8' inflatable and a 10' Spratley. I prefer the Spratley to fish out of but I bought the inflatable for long pack in's.

I tend not deflate the inflatable unless I need to stuff it in the back of the truck - even then I'll just deflate enough to fold the back of the pontons in so I can close the tailgate.

Normally I wheel either boat into my 14' contractor trailer and secure it from sliding around during transport.

So - I like having both, and I'll take whichever boat is more practical for me to use on that trip.

End of the year season though, the inflatable gets washed, dried and touched up where needed. But then it gets disassembled and folded up into a small package that's easy to store for the winter. The Spratley - well it takes up a fair bit of space in the garage.

If I had to limit myself to just one boat - I would keep just the Spratley.

I own a Stryker hunter 380 and have a 9.9 Honda on it. Had it for 2 years no complaints yet. Holds a ton of weight and is super stable. Durability so far hasn’t been an issue.