Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stryker Boats - good?

Stryker Boats - good?

Just saw the locally made Stryker inflatables at the outdoors show and somewhat fell in love with them. Does anyone have any first-hand experience and can comment on quality, longevity, service, etc?

Thanks in advance!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Stryker Boats - good?

Having owned zodiac,polaris, and lesser quality inflatable boats I feel there decent quality but what do you need from a inflatable is it ease of storage safety on bigger water . Being fabric they need a little more care keeping UV rays and abrasion away from the unit .I like the stability of a inflatable and easy storage if I did not have storage issues I would have a tin boat if I was to replace My inflatable the Stryker would be definitely considered

I talked with the owner when I was shopping, he was really helpful, I don't think the boats are any better or worse then others but it might pay off to get one with some support locally like stryker. If you plan on putting a jet on it check oiut the Solar, awesome tunnel tube design.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

I checked them out and from what I know the Stryker inflatables are of decent quality. Stryker does not make a model with a jet tunnel though and I’ve never seen an inflatable work that well without one. If you are just looking at putting a prop on it you can’t go wrong especially with local service. If you want a jet on it you would be disappointed with the performance. The only 2 makes with a jet tunnel are the Solar and Alaskan Jet Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    Just saw the locally made Stryker inflatables at the outdoors show and somewhat fell in love with them. Does anyone have any first-hand experience and can comment on quality, longevity, service, etc?

Thanks in advance!
    Not a chance. They are well built boats, but most certainly Asian in origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibious View Post
    Not a chance. They are well built boats, but most certainly Asian in origin.
    So what would you recommend?
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Hmmm I owned an Achilles inflatable..8 foot 6 used for fly in moose hunting.superb quality.
    srupp

Hypalon (rubber) has always been superior but PVC (plastic) has come a long way with it's glues and UV resistance...mine has been amazing for the low price.

[QUOTE=Would Rather Be Fishing;2156083]Just saw the locally made Stryker inflatables at the outdoors show and somewhat fell in love with them. Does anyone have any first-hand experience and can comment on quality, longevity, service, etc?

Hey boss.

I own a stryker ranger 11'6" in black. Its a great little boat. Easier to assemble with a helper. When the aluminum floor is all snapped in, it is fairly heavy and can only portage a short way. Super stable on the water and ultra bouyant. Ive got a new 9.9 yamaha i will be testing on it later this spring. Jarrod is the owner and is a super nice guy and fellow hunter. The boats i believe are put together overseas. No regrets with my purchase.

I don't really understand the attraction of inflatable boats. They're not very comfortable, they don't have an efficient use of space due to the pontoons, they're a hassle to set up, many don't have a rigid floor (it appears Stryker offers this though?). Other than portability and low sides for people to use them as diving and swimming platforms, I don't see why I would choose one over an aluminum boat.

What are the advantages of them over a similarly sized aluminum boat for the average user?
    Last edited by Outbound; 03-22-2020 at 02:13 PM.