Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bino's

Re: Bino's

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    I sold my 8x42 vortex razors after looking through bushnell legend Ultra HD. I couldnt see any noticeable difference.
    Sold my razors for $850. Bought bushnell Legend ultra HD nib off cgn for $180.

check out their reviews.
    Not everyone has shit eyes, bud

Jk. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    maybe true for the diamondbacks but I ran a pair of vipers for a good while before moving to razors with no issues, my hunting partner has been using his vipers now for several seasons, zero issues. Why run away from something that works so well?
    Because people like him like to spread misinformation. They often have no proof of a product being a failure, yet they develop a hate for it because it's made in China.

But Leopold scopes with glass made all in china are ok.

Two of their buddies have a problem and suddenly the brand sucks. People forget that Vortex is in hands of more hunters than any premium brand, so of course you will hear of more failures.

A simple search on this site will show people looking for contact info on the warranty department for Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss. Nothing is immune to failure.

Thanks all the great info , lots of options and opinions .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Bushnell Elite 10x42 are great binos for price. Ran them for many years before upgrading. Great warranty as well!

Agree with the Leupold bx-4. Best glass in that price range. Have had all the brands. Don’t even waste your money on the vipers. In Low light u might as well have a welding mask.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Because people like him like to spread misinformation. They often have no proof of a product being a failure, yet they develop a hate for it because it's made in China.

But Leopold scopes with glass made all in china are ok.

Two of their buddies have a problem and suddenly the brand sucks. People forget that Vortex is in hands of more hunters than any premium brand, so of course you will hear of more failures.

A simple search on this site will show people looking for contact info on the warranty department for Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss. Nothing is immune to failure.
    No misinformation there. It's inferior glass compared to Leupold and especially Zeiss, even their mid-class unit. Vortex has done a good job of advertising to the common hunter. That doesn't change what it is.

When someone has the means to spend what the OP said he does, why would you recommend a second tier product?
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by korey09 View Post
    Bushnell Elite 10x42 are great binos for price. Ran them for many years before upgrading. Great warranty as well!
    I have these as well. To my eyes they are as good or better then anything in their price range. Haven’t had to use warranty yet. I did on some trophy binos and it was a smooth fast process.

The best warranty is the one you don't have to use.

Quote Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
    The best warranty is the one you don't have to use.
    Everything breaks at some point. Though I tend to agree I would also rather have a hassle free warranty on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    No misinformation there. It's inferior glass compared to Leupold and especially Zeiss, even their mid-class unit. Vortex has done a good job of advertising to the common hunter. That doesn't change what it is.

When someone has the means to spend what the OP said he does, why would you recommend a second tier product?

- Do you have some proof that $600 binoculars from Vortex are inferior to $600 from another brand?
    - Have you done some tests here where vortex repeatedly came in last?
    - Do you have information on which Chinese factory supplies Vortex their glass and which Chinese factory supplies Leupold theirs?
    - Do you have any credible publications on this that you can point us to at all?

Do you have anything more substantial other than you know 4 guys that had vortex and they hate it?

Just because Zeiss offers a Terra model in the $600 range does not mean it is automatically the best choice. I actually own the Zeiss Terra ED. They are fine, but they do come with a blue emblem surcharge.