Thread: Crossbow Bow Season Ban

Crossbow Bow Season Ban

Hello Everyone. I recall there being talk of a ban on crossbows or crossbow scopes at the beginning of the year. I can only find old information about it from when it was occurring. What was the final verdict. Did our protest make a difference?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Crossbow Bow Season Ban

crossbows are good to go , they had a problem with the scopes I think..
    I can tell ya, but you know I' ll be lying to you!!!!

Cross bows and crossbows with scope are good to go during archery season we won

Quote Originally Posted by 338edgehunter View Post
    Cross bows and crossbows with scope are good to go during archery season we won
    I had read something sounding like that, but wanted to hear it from someone else.thanks

As stated, no new ban or restriction on crossbows or crossbow scopes. Best bet is to refer to the current online regulation synopsis. Any equipment restrictions will be promulgated there. Any changes to the current synopsis also get highlighted so hunters can stay up to date.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 08-27-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Crossbows still allowed they took out some of the seasons instead.

Specifically they closed the region 6 Oct 1-8 bull moose bow season and started an archery LEH draw

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggdon View Post
    Specifically they closed the region 6 Oct 1-8 bull moose bow season and started an archery LEH draw
    This is correct. Some users called for the removal of crossbows from this BOS while others advocated there was no data to support the removal. The removal of scope from a crossbow during archery season was considered and put out for public engagement. With the feedback received, Government chose to go with removal of the archery season and the implementation of the Archery LEH.

I can't say the entire discussion was without bias from all users, or that the solution is a viable and logical solution. But it's here now.