Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bino's

Re: Bino's

In that price range I'd be looking at the Zeiss Terra's in 10x42. Ohwildwon mentioned the Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide's and I agree with him on that. Picked up a pair for my wife and they are solid.

When you hear someone recommend Vortex, run. Run away as fast as you can.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    In that price range I'd be looking at the Zeiss Terra's in 10x42. Ohwildwon mentioned the Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide's and I agree with him on that. Picked up a pair for my wife and they are solid.

When you hear someone recommend Vortex, run. Run away as fast as you can.
    maybe true for the diamondbacks but I ran a pair of vipers for a good while before moving to razors with no issues, my hunting partner has been using his vipers now for several seasons, zero issues. Why run away from something that works so well?

2nd the Nikons, they are awesome and punch way above their price tag as far as optical quality. They have been on sale here and there and shops are reducing their inventory now they wont make rifle scopes

Check out Omars advert on here for a deal on Leica Trinovids

Why 10x ?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Tell your buddy to save for a bit longer, and then buy a pair of Nikon laserforce rangefinder binoculars, 10x42. Can't describe how nice these binoculars are. Best hunting equipment investment I've made in many years. They come on sale a couple of times a year at cabelas for about $1100.00 bucks. Worth every penny IMO.

Also, try looking on Craigslist or call local gun shops.
    My buddy picked up a awesome Swaroski Bino, used, but in mint shape, for a decent price (think he paid 800.00).
    Remember, most of those brands, i am fairly sure, like Zeiss have lifetime warranty on them.

I did buy Terras off of CL, but find they have, or have become, yellow tinted, and the glass aint that sharp.
    Have friends with Nikons, that are decent glass, and great warranty.

i 2nd vortex diamondbacks. im on year 5 with them and for the price there pretty good. they've been on 2 goat/ sheep hunts and i haven't had any issues or thinking i needed better binos. but i also run a leica spotter when i really wanna see something upclose.

Look at Nikons with that budget. I run the Monarch 5 10x42s. When I bought them I had the budget for Vortex Viper HDs but the cheaper Monarch 5s looked better. They are definitely better than the diamondbacks. They go on sale regularly at Cabelas for about $400. You could get some monarch 7s for that budget. That being said I am saving for a pair from the big guys...

I sold my 8x42 vortex razors after looking through bushnell legend Ultra HD. I couldnt see any noticeable difference.
    Sold my razors for $850. Bought bushnell Legend ultra HD nib off cgn for $180.

check out their reviews.
    Last edited by rageous; 03-07-2020 at 03:48 PM.