Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Black Bear Tips

Re: Spring Black Bear Tips

[QUOTE=IronNoggin;2160842]Recently learned of another that should top seven feet.
    Will be verifying when he gets up and about.
    But no interest in taking him until late fall.
    Love the bear grease and taste of pudgy fall bears...

To be honest I have never actually measured a Bears square is it done from tip of nose to tailbone? I’ve shot a few I know are pretty big but I don’t know how big maybe this year I will start measuring them.

Arrow Re: Spring Black Bear Tips

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights View Post
    To be honest I have never actually measured a Bears square is it done from tip of nose to tailbone?
    Tip of nose to tail. NOT stretched or you're cheating.

Seven feet, seven inch hide on this ol' boy:

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Tip of nose to tail. NOT stretched or you're cheating.

Seven feet, seven inch hide on this ol' boy:

Cheers,
    Nog
    Ok sweet I’m going to start doing it. And just to confirm that’s tip of nose to tail base right? Not top of tail

When driving an area. I always run over bear shit. Especially if I know I'm going to be in the area multiple days. Then you can see what''s moving.

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    When driving an area. I always run over bear shit. Especially if I know I'm going to be in the area multiple days. Then you can see what''s moving.
    Smart one.

I have always done this up until one hunt when I ran over a nice big pile of griz scat going quite fast on my SXS. The juicy scat sprayed all over the SXS undercarriage and into every crevice with the most putrid smelling crap you could imagine. Obviously eating winter kill and not grass.

Lol...THANKS YOU WARREN...your Gramps Ed and I have been doing that for 30 years..
    Lol then Ed started putting a bit of toilet paper hanging out of the pile....he said it would either make folks laugh or get really serious really fast..
    Srupp

Well just got another week off so you know where I gonna be Wednesday. I am very proud of my girlfriend we have been dating for a little less than a year and in that time she has gone from never shooting a gun to being more pumped about bear season than I am if that’s possible we will be heading out opening day to try and get her her first bear unless it’s a big one then I’ll take it ��

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights View Post
    Well just got another week off so you know where I gonna be Wednesday. I am very proud of my girlfriend we have been dating for a little less than a year and in that time she has gone from never shooting a gun to being more pumped about bear season than I am if that’s possible we will be heading out opening day to try and get her her first bear unless it’s a big one then I’ll take it ��
    good luck straight shooting.l
    Srupp

Stay within the regulations. Don't poach.