Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Black Bear Tips

Re: Spring Black Bear Tips

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    Stay within the regulations. Don't poach.
    WHAT THE HELL ? Pretty strange advice...want to elaborate ?
    sheeee eh
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Lol...THANKS YOU WARREN...your Gramps Ed and I have been doing that for 30 years..
    Lol then Ed started putting a bit of toilet paper hanging out of the pile....he said it would either make folks laugh or get really serious really fast..
    Srupp
    Hmmm.... I'm going to start packing extra bells, pieces of shoe laces, empty bear spray canisters and tuck them into bear pooh while walking into salmon holes. Maybe even a collection of broken rod pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    Hmmm.... I'm going to start packing extra bells, pieces of shoe laces, empty bear spray canisters and tuck them into bear pooh while walking into salmon holes. Maybe even a collection of broken rod pieces.
    Lao. .yah that would make Gramps Ed laugh...it did me..
    Cheers
    Steven
    Your deer arrived back in the neighborhood this morning after 4 weeks..there were 6 booner does and fawns.

Well stuck at home still but has anyone been out yet for bears? I know access is still limited with snow

Hmmm still lots of snow in Horse fly. .really cold too...
    steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm still lots of snow in Horse fly. .really cold too...
    steven
    ya we’ve been having hail storms the past two days here on the north shore. Weird weather ..

I went out for a drive/look yesterday - didn't see any bear sign but I also got sidetracked and really enjoyed the afternoon cruising some of my favorite locations. Still too much snow where I went into. Lakes were all frozen over still. Couldn't get to one lake because bozo had the parked in the middle of the road and left it there.

I could have stayed closer to the LML but I figured it would be too busy on the FSR close to home.

I was hoping to see track and scat but not yet. I figured I get out at least once before they do something drastic and shut down the Spring season.

Funny to me was to find Mule Deer right where I left them in November - I thought that was pretty cool.

Lots of fresh new calves on the ground so I spent some time with my "new to me" spotting scope checking around the bushes at the back of the big cattle fences. Fresh calves can draw in the bears.

Rookie Hunter living in Vancouver. Hoping to get my first bear this year using a rifle, looking for suggestions on where to go? If you were me, packed up your vehicle and to start driving X number of hours from my starting point what direction would you go? Any spots that would have the right balance between huntability for a novice and chance of getting a bear. All comments and suggestions welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBBYTHEBULL View Post
    Rookie Hunter living in Vancouver. Hoping to get my first bear this year using a rifle, looking for suggestions on where to go? If you were me, packed up your vehicle and to start driving X number of hours from my starting point what direction would you go? Any spots that would have the right balance between huntability for a novice and chance of getting a bear. All comments and suggestions welcome.
    Did you not get enough advice in this thread where you asked the same question and got replies from the best of the best on HBC?

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...66#post2117366

Hey Bobby
    There’s Bears all over the place. Just put some miles on and look for food and bear sign and you’ll most likely find one or two.