Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Better hide your AR 15

Re: Better hide your AR 15

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Saying your going to hide your riffle hardly qualifies as a threat by the way.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Lol I like it but it’s hardly original I thought maybe you could do better than that ! But imagination and creativity takes intellect... something tells me your severely lacking in the grey matter department lol do your knuckles drag the ground and do you grunt a lot? Me ironnoggin me hunt me fish Cary club lol
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Certainly. Discuss it all you wish. But openly stating you are about to engage in a federally illegal act, and at the same time encouraging others to do so is incredibly foolish. Really.

Certainly. Which is why you worded your initial post suggesting we all do just that.
    Yep - Stunned.

Absolutely. However instead of openly encouraging illegal activities, why not discuss the options available to those of us who will be directly effected (myself very much so). There are many ways to remain non-compliant for a rather lengthy period of time without having to directly contravene the law. For the record, I am as incensed or even more so than most over this bullshit. But I sure as hell am not going to publicly (and stupidly) state that I am "going to hide my AR's". Futile & immature gesticulating.

Focus on what you can effectively do to fight this regardless of what they wish to impose, and I will be all over engaging in that discussion.
    Ranting and suggesting illegal activities... Not so much.
    I'll leave that for the intellectually challenged (you know who you are).

Cheers,
    Nog

Please feel free to quote where I indicated I was going to hide my AR’s.

No, my AR’s will go through all full legal process’s before they are surrendered to the government, and even then it will be after the warrant is served at the doorstep, all while being being live video recorded and uploaded to the web for posterity.

However, I do believe that a non restricted, non registered rifle should
    be in every home of every legal gun owner in the country. In fact, I think there should be TWO. And if one ends up lost in the yard while you are gardening at least there will still be one left to hand over in the line up with Nog to collect the $1500 of taxpayer monies that your government will be handing out. While you won’t get back $3000, at least a person would get $1500 back on his initial investment of $1100 for 2
    sks’s and a crate of 7.62x39.

What I know WON’T make a pinch of coon shit of difference now, is letter
    writing, online petitions, and judicial reviews. This government is going to do as they like so that they can implement UN directives regardless of what the populace wants.

What MIGHT work is seeing the New Zealand example of 15% compliance, and seeing chatter on the internet that indicates lower compliance rates HERE.

But by all means, insult people who are willing to fight this by any means necessary if that makes you feel like the better man. Lost a lot of respect that I’d had for you and all that you have done with that post Nog. That makes me
    sad.

Carry on as you like, but I’m out on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post

No, my AR’s will go through all full legal process’s before they are surrendered to the government, and even then it will be after the warrant is served at the doorstep, all while being being live video recorded and uploaded to the web for posterity.

However, I do believe that a non restricted, non registered rifle should
    be in every home of every legal gun owner in the country. In fact, I think there should be TWO. And if one ends up lost in the yard while you are gardening at least there will still be one left to hand over in the line up with Nog to collect the $1500 of taxpayer monies that your government will be handing out. While you won’t get back $3000, at least a person would get $1500 back on his initial investment of $1100 for 2
    sks’s and a crate of 7.62x39.

What I know WON’T make a pinch of coon shit of difference now, is letter
    writing, online petitions, and judicial reviews. This government is going to do as they like so that they can implement UN directives regardless of what the populace wants.

What MIGHT work is seeing the New Zealand example of 15% compliance, and seeing chatter on the internet that indicates lower compliance rates HERE.

But by all means, insult people who are willing to fight this by any means necessary if that makes you feel like the better man. Lost a lot of respect that I’d had for you and all that you have done with that post Nog. That makes me
    sad.

Carry on as you like, but I’m out on this thread.
    You and me both!! What’s the point
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

Not sure how you "hide" a rifle that is registered and the government knows you damn well have... Better off selling that and buying a non-restricted and therefor unregistered version and "hiding" that as the government would have no idea you have it then...

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    There is no practical reason that properly vetted Canadians shouldn't be allowed to carry a handgun for personal defense of themselves and loved ones, if they feel the need to do so. Some people believe that doing so would end in senseless bloodshed, but the massive. decades old case study of citizens legally carrying handguns has shown that the opposite happens- basically crime goes down.
    I agree with what you posted Gate .
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    Not sure how you "hide" a rifle that is registered and the government knows you damn well have... Better off selling that and buying a non-restricted and therefor unregistered version and "hiding" that as the government would have no idea you have it then...
    With AR15's the point is to have one if you dont' already, in case they go with the "grandfather" route. There isn't much indication they will go that route but you never know. And if they don't, the next step is to file an appeal for every AR15 you own, which can take a very long time if everyone does it. Then it's a matter of making them go to door to collect stripped lower receivers. The whole process will cost a billion dollars and will take years.

And of course- make sure you have a few unrestricted firearms too.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Thumbs up Re: Better hide your AR 15

With AR15's the point is to have one if you dont' already, in case they go with the "grandfather" route. There isn't much indication they will go that route but you never know. And if they don't, the next step is to file an appeal for every AR15 you own, which can take a very long time if everyone does it. Then it's a matter of making them go to door to collect stripped lower receivers. The whole process will cost a billion dollars and will take years.

BINGO!!

Thanks for saying with eloquence what this apparent knuckle dagger couldn't.

Cheers,
    Nog

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Red face Re: Better hide your AR 15

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post

None of my comments were aimed at you.
    The quotes simply served as a reference point to the points I was attempting to make - an effort which obviously failed.
    That's it.
    Apologies if that came across the wrong way.

Cheers,
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me

Isn't the issue registered vs non-registered? You are right in your earlier post about non-compliance being a factor with respect to the LGR and that many potentially soon-to-be-restricted AR-ish rifles are unregistered and therefore their existence is unknown to police. BUT if you own a registered restricted firearm that ends up being subject to a ban and don't comply with that ban (ie wait for the cops to show up and take it away), you are presumably running the risk of prosecution - much more so than someone with the same weapon that has avoided registering it for legacy reasons. I agree there are ways to delay and challenge that will put this legislation in to limbo (175000 petition signatures must surely make the Liberals nervous about the challenges they face implementing this kind of law. Do they really want to look like incompetent failures AGAIN by not being able to enforce laws of their own manufacture?), but once and if that process runs its course, registered firearms owners would be taking a risk by continuing to hold out.

The difference with NZ is that they did not have a restricted data base like we do so the police enforcement task has been much harder. Gun owners have also told them that offering 30% of the value of their property is not sufficient compensation for confiscation. I wonder if the Liberals will be be similarly dim-witted in attempting a "buy back"? Finally, if this legislation passes here I expect it will be tied up for a long time in the courts. if it comes to that Canadians may finally learn that gun owners are not the swivel-eyed lunatics that Justin would like them to believe. The real threat comes from lawless gangbangers and a government that refuses to act effectively to address crime, preferring instead to create a new category of criminal out of law abiding citizens.