Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Better hide your AR 15

Re: Better hide your AR 15

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    I couldn’t agree more. Sometimes I think our government puts common sense on the back burner to appease political agendas whether or not it’s special interest groups ect! It’s very easy to make uninformed opinions and or conclusions but I feel the majority of us Canadians are good law abiding citizens. But at some point we have to come together and draw a line in the sand for what we believe in.
    Agreed, I was also trying to point out that sport shooting with handguns, although in some views may not be a practical use doesnt mean only "are for law enforcement" like you said in your previous post. I'm passionate about my hobbies and I know there are a lot of good decent people who are passionate about sport shooting with hand guns, organizing competitions, family shoots etc....no reason for them to be deprived of their hobby because they not in law enforcement. Other than that we are on the same page..lol !

Last edited by Islander30; 03-04-2020 at 07:27 PM.

Lol yeah I kinda forgot that we have cowboy shoots in places and I’d hate to see guys loose that privilege.
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

I would carry a handgun if it was legal.

There is no practical reason that properly vetted Canadians shouldn't be allowed to carry a handgun for personal defense of themselves and loved ones, if they feel the need to do so. Some people believe that doing so would end in senseless bloodshed, but the massive. decades old case study of citizens legally carrying handguns has shown that the opposite happens- basically crime goes down.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    There is no practical reason that properly vetted Canadians shouldn't be allowed to carry a handgun for personal defense of themselves and loved ones, if they feel the need to do so. Some people believe that doing so would end in senseless bloodshed, but the massive. decades old case study of citizens legally carrying handguns has shown that the opposite happens- basically crime goes down.
    I don't disagree at all !!! but we are so far from that in this country right now it's going to take a miracle just to hold onto to what we have ! Its like arguing minimum caliber size for grizzly bear hunting or how many spring salmon my freezer can saftley hold....lol....not to relevant in our current state of affairs...sad times ahead for the sportsmen these days !

Arrow Re: Better hide your AR 15

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    I have to disagree with the second part of your post. With all due respect, I think that if the forum IS monitored then making it known that there will be non-compliance needs to be discussed.
    Certainly. Discuss it all you wish. But openly stating you are about to engage in a federally illegal act, and at the same time encouraging others to do so is incredibly foolish. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    It’s not much of a democracy if we can’t give or form our opinions is it! If others want to break the law what do I care it has nothing to do with me.
    Certainly. Which is why you worded your initial post suggesting we all do just that.
    Yep - Stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    ... However I think that people who may be thinking that the government may not have their best interests in mind need to know that they aren’t alone in thinking that. I believe that people need to know that they won’t be the only person standing up to tyranny.
    Absolutely. However instead of openly encouraging illegal activities, why not discuss the options available to those of us who will be directly effected (myself very much so). There are many ways to remain non-compliant for a rather lengthy period of time without having to directly contravene the law. For the record, I am as incensed or even more so than most over this bullshit. But I sure as hell am not going to publicly (and stupidly) state that I am "going to hide my AR's". Futile & immature gesticulating.

Focus on what you can effectively do to fight this regardless of what they wish to impose, and I will be all over engaging in that discussion.
    Ranting and suggesting illegal activities... Not so much.
    I'll leave that for the intellectually challenged (you know who you are).

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

and further to what Nog is saying, the govt did allocate lots of extra money to monitor "threats" via the internet...they will have algo-rhythms watching for such stuff and they will subpoena sites to get the real names of people. I have been in line while boarding a plane and heard someone ahead of me joke about a bomb and i told them in a low growly voice "HEY don't even joke about that shit or we will all be waiting a whole lot longer"...please people don't even joke about breaking gun laws on the internet or you may be surprised when they refuse to renew your gun license

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    and further to what Nog is saying, the govt did allocate lots of extra money to monitor "threats" via the internet...they will have algo-rhythms watching for such stuff and they will subpoena sites to get the real names of people. I have been in line while boarding a plane and heard someone ahead of me joke about a bomb and i told them in a low growly voice "HEY don't even joke about that shit or we will all be waiting a whole lot longer"...please people don't even joke about breaking gun laws on the internet or you may be surprised when they refuse to renew your gun license
    sounds to me like you guys are scared of your government. For the record I’ve never broken any laws in my life and have hunted with retired officers. That being said I’m entitled to my opinions and if big brother is listening in I don’t care because this is a democracy and I’m entitled to speak my mind. As stated before I’m creating a conversation nothing more nothing less. Many agree with me and many don’t. But hey we’re at least talking about it. They can’t not renew your license for having an opinion that’s being paranoid.

Saying your going to hide your riffle hardly qualifies as a threat by the way.

Non compliance is not against the law at this time.

The non compliance of draconian laws has a long history in many countries including Canada. People didn't comply with liquor and drug prohibitions, helmet on bicycle laws and many others, including weapons laws.

Firearms restrictions in Canada have been going on for a long time now, and every time a new regulation is introduced, there has been massive non compliance.

There are plenty of handguns, semi automatic rifles and fully automatic rifles and machine guns that were bought legally then were made prohibited or registration was made compulsory- but they just vanished off the books.

After The Fireams Act every gun owner was supposed to get a PAL and register all their long guns. Many got a PAL but it's estimated 30-50% never did. Compliance with the long gun registry may have been as high as 15% but probably less. All these non registered guns still made it out on hunting trips, range trips and bush shooting trips.

Non restricted "black" rifles have been flooding the Canadian market for the last few years and sales have really increased the last couple of years as Trudeau talked gun bans. Right now there many different models to choose from and the manufacturers can't keep up with sales. Many of them share 90% of the parts of the restricted AR15. AR15 sales have also exploded. All these people buying these guns know that at one point Trudeau and Blair may make them illegal at one point, but they don't care. They know the more guns out there the harder it will be for them to pass these onerous and useless laws.

They also intend to keep their firearms. The feds know where most of the AR15's that were registered post C-68 are (the AR15 was available in Canada for about 30 years as an unrestricted and unregistered rifle, and many of the older ones were never registered) But the non restricted guns can be anywhere, and there is nowhere near the police manpower in Canada to go door to door looking for them. They don't even have the manpower to go find all the AR15's and they know what address they are registered to.

New Zealand's new gun confiscation laws have been an utter failure due to non compliance. Canada is a much larger country to police than NZ, I expect non compliance to be the norm, not the exception.

On a positive note, just like Obama, Trudeau has been a fantastic gun salesman!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!