Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Better hide your AR 15

Re: Better hide your AR 15

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Is there a new article or info out there that I missed? I've been keeping tabs on that, but haven't noticed any new developments. I thought the liberals were going to quietly abandon that after the results of the poll came out.
    You're dreaming in Technicolor:
    Mr. Blair’s office remains vague on the scope and timeline, only stating the government remains committed to a prohibition on “military-style assault rifles” twinned with a buyback program, and that a multistep approach would be announced “in the near future.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...rifle-ban-new/

"

Going forward with the ban that will probably happen against all our wishes.... is it worth buying a semi-auto? I do not have a restricted license and not really plan on it.
    would it be a waste to buy non-restricted AR style semi auto shotgun, 9mm or another SKS ?? these could potentially be banned.
    the concern is what we have non-restricted now could become prohibited. that's the fear in my mind. thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    That was my next question is how do they know if you have one unless they still have records from the previous gun registry ?
    Apparently you don't have your RPAL. Just a guess.

When has a ban ever worked? It only works with people that are inclined to follow the laws, the stupider the ban is the less people will follow it. How's the ban on illegal drugs doing? And why is it that when a shooting happens you never hear if the perp could legally own a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    When has a ban ever worked? It only works with people that are inclined to follow the laws, the stupider the ban is the less people will follow it. How's the ban on illegal drugs doing? And why is it that when a shooting happens you never hear if the perp could legally own a gun.
    This is kind of what I'm thinking. If an sks is going to carry the same sentence as an ak-47 then I'm hitting up the black market for a full auto. Right now I follow the rules, if the govt turns me into a criminal then I have no reason to follow the rules anymore. And there's is no way I'm turning an sks or any other rifle over to that communist prick.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Kind of an easy solution. We'll just have to form a few rail blockades and demand that we get to keep our guns.

I think the main thing that people seem to forget at this time is that when a group
    of individuals starts telling you that you shouldn’t own something that you already possess because it is too dangerous and its for your own good and that object has never harmed anyone, you really need to consider their motives.

An sks can be had for $250 or less on the used market, $350 new in the box. A crate of 1000 rounds is $450.
    That is awfully cheap insurance to have when in 10 years the globalization and free immigration policies of the UN has imported lawlessness into your neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    I think the main thing that people seem to forget at this time is that when a group
    of individuals starts telling you that you shouldn’t own something that you already possess because it is too dangerous and its for your own good and that object has never harmed anyone, you really need to consider their motives.

An sks can be had for $250 or less on the used market, $350 new in the box. A crate of 1000 rounds is $450.
    That is awfully cheap insurance to have when in 10 years the globalization and free immigration policies of the UN has imported lawlessness into your neighborhood.
    EXACTLY!! Well put truth
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

As far as all "semi's" becoming banned one day, if that happens, some like my .22 etc, will end up "hidden".
    As Kodiak states, its always a great safety option to just keep them "hidden" for a "rainy day" you could say.
    Totally agree with that.

Just don't think one can take a banned weapon out of hiding from time to time, just for fun....bad idea, imo.
    So that fun will be banned.

As far as the "ban" itself, well that's a whole different topic/debate, and most of us here being "pro -gun" isn't going to solve that
    issue. (we all agree it's stupid and wont fix the "real issues")

The OP was good, as yes, many have stated they will just hide them.
    But then again, some are "selling them off right now as we speak".
    I think the ban will happen, and we all have only 2 real choices.

ive seen woodmasters selling for 250-300