Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Better hide your AR 15

Re: Better hide your AR 15

Feds can't control their own guns, but want to control yours

https://www.google.com/amp/s/toronto...trol-yours/amp

The Trudeau government might be promising to crack down on civilian guns owners with increased paperwork and tougher storage laws, but it turns out the feds can’t even keep track of their own guns.

An audit of firearms under the control of the Department of Fisheries and Oceans, which includes the Coast Guard, found record keeping and safe storage were lax at times.

The audit found that some firearms were missing trigger locks while others were not secured properly to allow tracking of who was accessing and using them.

It’s all pretty rich when you consider that the Trudeau government’s answer to gang gun violence is to demand licenced gun owners follow even more rules.

“Firearms inventory information is not always accurate and complete,” reads the audit released last December.

If that were a civilian gun owner, or a gun store, there would be the real possibility of jail time.

“The audit found that 410 out of 1,908 active firearms (21%) were not recorded as required by Departmental policy,” the audit states.

“These 410 firearms were, however, accounted for in other systems, databases, and spreadsheets.”

Alright… so in one government department they aren’t storing their guns properly, they aren’t always using trigger locks as per regulation and they don’t always know where their guns are.

It can’t get worse than that, can it?

Yes it can.

Seems they can’t get rid of unwanted firearms properly, either.

The government has rules around how a gun must be disposed of, or “retired.”

The audit found records concerning 120 guns that had been “retired,” but not all had paperwork.

“For approximately half of these retired firearms, the audit did not find documentation to confirm their transfer or disposal as required by the regulations,” the audit states.

So 60 guns were supposedly disposed of but no records exist of when or how?

Again, that would not be acceptable for civilians — it can’t be acceptable for a government department.

The simple fact is, these 60 government guns could have been diverted into the black market and be on our streets now — something the audit alludes

“Given the nature of firearms as a high-risk asset and controlled good, the Department should consistently document the transfer or disposal of retired firearms, as required by the Public Agents Firearms Regulations, to ensure the Department no longer bares responsibility or liability for the ownership and control of these assets,” the audit states.

I’ve previously reported on the RCMP, the military and other government agencies losing guns.

Researcher Dennis Young discovered through access to information documents that between 2005 and 2019, 640 firearms were reported lost and 173 were reported stolen by the government.

We know that when it comes to gun violence in Canada the main problem is the border.

Handguns and illegal rifles are smuggled across and sold at huge markups on the black market.

The government’s answer to this is to regulate those already following the law — often pointing to a few isolated incidents of bad apples.

Before Justin Trudeau, Bill Blair and the rest of the government in Ottawa try to add further regulations to licenced gun owners, they might want to clean up their own acts.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

The other thing I was thinking. Black market lowers might be easy to come by if a ban occurs. Wherever there's a market for someone to make money, there's always someone to supply it. Turn in your stripped lower and buy a black market one
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

https://dennisryoung.ca/2019/07/04/r...ies-2005-2019/

notice how many pistols police lost in 2015...did they par chance have their service revolvers replaced that year?

also notice that they were only losing on average 1 machine gun/sub-machine gun per year (10 sub-machine guns in 2015)-sub-machine guns are essentially fully automatic pistols
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 03-03-2020 at 08:09 PM.

And that’s what’s reported....add 25%
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    https://dennisryoung.ca/2019/07/04/r...ies-2005-2019/

notice how many pistols police lost in 2015...did they par chance have their service revolvers replaced that year?
    They replaced their revolvers years ago. They may have been replacing older Semi-autos. The issue is improper handling and/or record keeping. My retired police officer brother and I had a very spirited exchange over this. He claimed it was simply accounting errors. I said that that was unacceptable, if it were the case but then why would they differentiate between lost and stolen? And losing automatic weapons? What would happen to us if we did that? Straight to the crowbar hotel. Someone should be losing their job and doing some jail time.
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

Thumbs down Re: Better hide your AR 15

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Better hide your Ars looking like a ban coming at some point .
    Yep, it appears you are as stunned as I perceived from your posts.
    Encouraging others to break the law, and stating you are about to yourself on an open forum is entirely inane.
    There are MUCH better ways to deal with the topic.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
    The liberal government had indicated they intend to pursue all semi automatic firearms, including non restricted variants such as sks's, ar-10s, mini 14s etc. I do believe recent domestic and international events are going to firmly push these initiatives to the back burner where they will hopefully remain until our illustrious idiot Prime Minister and his entourage of sychophant morons get voted out of office.
    This is would be great for sure, but unfortunately I fear it is still coming. I think the Liberals will see the gun ban as an opportunity for redemption in the eyes of some of their more left-leaning supporters who may have wavered in support over the way Turd has handled the blockade debacle. My hope is for at least a watered down ban....plus in the original statements they kept throwing around the number 250,000 as the amount of guns they planned to take of the streets( steal from responsible gun owners), so if that's the case there is no way it can include all semi-autos or even all semi-auto "military style".....SKS's for example there are millions of them, at least 500,000 + legally owned in Canada !

Edit: not that any ban would be ok...the Liberals attempt to divide "hunters and farmers" from "sport shooters" sickens me. I've heard from a number of hunters that they aren't worried about the ban because it won't effect them....this in my opionion is the WRONG attitude !

Last edited by Islander30; 03-04-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggdon View Post
    Kind of an easy solution. We'll just have to form a few rail blockades and demand that we get to keep our guns.
    lol....Turdo will most likely call in the military on day one with tanks and air strikes to deal with any of us 2nd class citizens forming blockades in support of our baby killing guns !

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Yep, it appears you are as stunned as I perceived from your posts.
    Encouraging others to break the law, and stating you are about to yourself on an open forum is entirely inane.
    There are MUCH better ways to deal with the topic.

Nog
    Prove it my friend. I never said I didn’t have my restricted or prohibited for that matter. I’m merely creating a topic for discussion. But hey I can take it!! Lol
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first