Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: China promotes bear bile as a treatment

China promotes bear bile as a treatment

So with the near 400% increase in bear tag sales this spring could this be the reason?

https://canoe.com/news/world/covid-1...ed-to-wildlife

I was able to find a link in Natgeo site but you need to be a subscriber to read all of it.

SO if there's some truth to my suspicion, we all need to keep an eye on things. I'm not speaking of Asian hunters specifically as there are poachers in ALL walks of life, but this will likely increase the incidences of bear killings for no other reason.

So get the BC conservation app, make sure your RAPP numbers are in your phones or even your local CO if your in a small town where you know that person personally.

If you see ANYTHING report it, the bears need our protection and the CO's need our help.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: China promotes bear bile as a treatment

China gives us nothing but probrems.....

Do bears need protection though? Would a province wide reduction in bears be a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Do bears need protection though? Would a province wide reduction in bears be a bad thing?
    ^^^^^^ this, more people need to hunt bears and do their part, good pepperoni and hams

Chinese voodoo medicine has been a plague on earth for millennia
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Depends where their meat is going dude!! If a BC resident hints bear and eats the meat blah blah blah that is fine by me. But if some jerk offs want to kill it for the bile because someone will buy it off of them for a profit I have a problem with that, lol you ask if bears need protection? From them they do, those people are known to decimate anything. Heck, they'll make black bears an endangered species in a few seasons if they were given the green light to hunt bears for bile...look at what they have done to the local lakes and fish...do they need protection he asks...lol

I haven't bought a black bear tag in years, but I likely will this year...food security and the world falling apart and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
    Depends where their meat is going dude!! If a BC resident hints bear and eats the meat blah blah blah that is fine by me. But if some jerk offs want to kill it for the bile because someone will buy it off of them for a profit I have a problem with that, lol you ask if bears need protection? From them they do, those people are known to decimate anything. Heck, they'll make black bears an endangered species in a few seasons if they were given the green light to hunt bears for bile...look at what they have done to the local lakes and fish...do they need protection he asks...lol
    I can remember when bears were shot for galls. Back during the glory days of ungulate hunting. Back when all you had to do was peel the hide off and lots of people hunted bears.

My only comment is that knocking the bear population back by 60 or 70% might have unintended positive consequences.

I 100% say yes bears do need protection from people that will kill them for the gall bladder. That’s insane do you think people that are willing to do that to bears will make sure they don’t have cubs? Also people who do that will likely not treat any other animal species or the forest around them very well!!! All animals and the lands need some form of protection or this world will be screwed

Hunt I'm all for, shooting for parts NOT ONE BIT
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!