Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What have I done?

Re: What have I done?

Update: have been shooting this thing like crazy, won't be taking it out for spring bear this year but I'm pretty confident at 15-18 yards now. When I do my part it's a shooter for sure!

Last edited by 45freezer; 04-09-2020 at 09:09 AM.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Nice bow man! You're going to like carrying it a lot more than the compound bow.

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth204 View Post
    Nice bow man! You're going to like carrying it a lot more than the compound bow.
    Haha that's exactly what I thought when I first picked it up, so far it's 6 in one half a dozen in the other though. Much lighter but more than twice as long, I'm sure once I get used to it I will but right now I'm bumping it on everything.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

I’ve always done my own fletching so I can control all aspects, including the most important - colour . I haven’t had any issues with adhesion at this time, using Bohning Fletch-tite. Just wipe the shaft with 70% alcohol first. And keep the glue light, less is more. Because the base on the vanes is equal sided, they can be easily set up right or left hand, although I’d be cautious of giving them too much twist.
    Wood shafts would match up to that bow very nicely, very traditional, and I’d definitely go with the barred feathers on those.
    Regards!

Feathers much better than vanes. Glad your enjoying traditional. I switched 23 years ago and never looked back . Taken moose , elk , whitetail , muley , pronghorn , black bear , grouse , pheasant , wild turkey , wild boar . Just have to get a little closer than compound .
    it’s simple and just a lot a fun . I have missed as close as 13 yards and made perfect shots out to 40 yards . You have to accept that you have limits and learn how to get close hunting situations .
    Good luck in your new pursuit!!!