Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Mission rod and gun members looking for a range buddy?

Any Mission rod and gun members looking for a range buddy?

Hey,
    Any one out there looking to hit the archery range in Mission when the weather gets a bit nicer? I've been shooting a compound a couple years, self taught(youtube) and wouldn't mind shooting with someone to critique form/bounce ideas off etc. I have a new bow on order and will hopefully see it in a couple weeks so I'll be itching to get out there.

If you want some personal info, I'm 40 with a couple kids but going on 18 maturity-wise. I'm most interested in elk hunting but the WT I shot last rifle season sure is tasty so I'll hunt just about anything. That said, the archery bug has bit pretty hard. I haven't got all the tools together yet but I will eventually be building my own arrows and am heading down the tuning rabbit hole as well.

Let me know,
    Cheers

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any Mission rod and gun members looking for a range buddy?

I just got the membership at Semiahmoo for the archery outdoors and indoor ranges.
    Mission orientation requirements even for renewing members are annoying.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

What orientation? I just had to do the one when I first joined and that’s it. How’s the semiahmoo range?

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    I just got the membership at Semiahmoo for the archery outdoors and indoor ranges.
    Mission orientation requirements even for renewing members are annoying.
    I did the Mission orientation about a year ago and didn't find them annoying at all, wondering what part was causing you grief?
    The only thing I can think of is the wait time as they do it in groups and have to set times when the volunteers will be available. otherwise it's pretty simple and takes an evening of explaining club rules and doing a walk around of the site which seems pretty straightforward and something I imagine most if not all clubs would do. End of the evening you walk out with your club card and your ready to shoot.
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

Quote Originally Posted by knothead View Post
    I did the Mission orientation about a year ago and didn't find them annoying at all, wondering what part was causing you grief?
    The only thing I can think of is the wait time as they do it in groups and have to set times when the volunteers will be available. otherwise it's pretty simple and takes an evening of explaining club rules and doing a walk around of the site which seems pretty straightforward and something I imagine most if not all clubs would do. End of the evening you walk out with your club card and your ready to shoot.

I did the orientation too, then my membership expired, and they want me to do it again.
    The orientation itself is not an issue.
    The issue is that you have to do it every time your membership expires if you don't renew before it expires.
    Mind you it's not something you can come over there and do.
    You have to wait for the right person to be there at the right time and they are in the right mood in the right weather.
    All in all it's annoying.
    Last edited by adriaticum; 02-25-2020 at 01:04 PM.
    1. Human over population

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    What orientation? I just had to do the one when I first joined and that’s it. How’s the semiahmoo range?

Semiahmoo is ok for archery. They have an outdoor range and indoor range available twice a week.
    But they only have an indoor .22 20 yard range.
    1. Human over population

I’m close so I’ve always gone in and renewed but you can renew online now

I used to do most of my load development shooting in PoCo range.
    I liked it, I didn't need a membership pay 25 bucks for a day pass and get the job done.

Now they changed the rules and they don't allow non-members on weekends, because they were getting so busy, (only weekdays) and they increased their day pass to $45.
    F dat.

Seems to me shooters are under huge pressure in LML.
    They have banned shooting at all known spots in the Fraser valley recently, good ranges are making it really difficult for people who are non-members to shoot.
    You don't have to implement gun control, you just have to make shooting difficult and ammo pricey.
    That's it.
    These stupid ranges don't realize that they are probably making more money from non-members.

PoCo could have done 10 different things to facilitate non members on the weekends but they did the dumbest thing.
    The so called members complained that they can't get a spot to shoot on the weekends so they banned non - members.
    1. Human over population

So you aren’t looking for an archery buddy in Mission?

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    So you aren’t looking for an archery buddy in Mission?

No, I will shoot my bow at Semiahmoo for now.
    But I keep wanting going back to Mission and then their hazing ritual always turns me off.
    I'll probably eventually give in because of the rifle range.
    1. Human over population