Just wondering how many of you guys who have bird dogs that you share some of your harvest with? Since I've had my dog I have been making dog treats for Sako from spruce grouse (my least favourite eating of the grouse family) and from ducks and geese, as well as deer and moose.

In fact, I made up a couple of trays of goose jerky a few days ago.

A well respected bird hunter I know said I may run into issues doing that because the dog may want to chew up the birds he retrieves due to an associated smell or taste of them. So far this hasn't happened with my dog but maybe that's because I do up these treats at the end of the season so there's a long lapse between eating the treats and hunting for those same birds the treats were made from.

The other thing is even though my dog loves eating the raw deer, elk, and moose trimmings she gets somewhat regularly when I gave her a piece of raw goose she spit it out which shocked the hell out of me because she eats almost anything given to her.

So do you think giving your dog cooked treats from the birds you hunt a risky proposition? Would hate to create a problem that may be tough to break. No one wants a dog that'll chew up the birds they shoot.