Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What single hooks to use when replacing the trebles on my trout spoons?

Re: What single hooks to use when replacing the trebles on my trout spoons?

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    another fan of the gammies, easier to find than owner hooks but both have been good for me

you could try the trailing hook method too, I started trying this last year and so far I'm happy with the results, only do this on steelhead spoons though
    The trailing method? A second hook attached to the first or leader off the spoon and a hook tied to that?

here's a quick link i googled, i'm sure there is more info online about it, I'm sure i've read about it on the fish bc and fsihing with rod forums too...the thinking is less leverage for the fish to pop the hook out, and can use a smaller hook for better catch and release compared to the usual siwash hooks

I find they really shine on short strikes too, I catch a lot more cutties and small bulls mixed in with the steelhead

https://outdooraddictions.wordpress....g-hook-method/
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Gamakatsu siwash. Using them on pretty much all my river tackle for the past couple years.
    Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    here's a quick link i googled, i'm sure there is more info online about it, I'm sure i've read about it on the fish bc and fsihing with rod forums too...the thinking is less leverage for the fish to pop the hook out, and can use a smaller hook for better catch and release compared to the usual siwash hooks

I find they really shine on short strikes too, I catch a lot more cutties and small bulls mixed in with the steelhead

https://outdooraddictions.wordpress....g-hook-method/
    This looks like a really good technique to use. Might try it on my larger spoons for steelhead too.

Gamakatsu or Owner makes a good hook too.