Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to buy your ecollars

Re: Where to buy your ecollars

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlapper View Post
    Gundog Supply ... for Garmin or Sportdog
    Or Dogtra. I've bought a few things from them in the past. Good store! They did sell the collar for $50 plus tax more than I got mine for but they do have excellent service.

Quote Originally Posted by dru88 View Post
    Thanks for all the info so far, it seems everyone has Dogtra or Garmin no one is using Sportdog? Also any good places to buy ecollars other than online I am a little old school and still like to get some customer service.
    I have a couple of lower end Sport Dogs I keep for spares they are nothing fancy but semi to work OK
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Im still newish to retreiver training and on my first dog so I have little feedback to offer. But I went with a Dogtra 1900S. Been using it for training for about 14 months and one season of duck hunting. Its compact and simple to use and reliable. And I do all my duck hunting and most of my water training in the salt marsh. I hang the transmitter off my call lanyard when hunting and hardly notice it. Charge length varies on amount if use but it lasts a long time before requiring recharge. I got mine from Cdn Gun Dog Supply but I've since seen them at Cabelas in Nanaimo. I have zero complaints about this product
    Last edited by Ron.C; 02-23-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Sorry I didn't mention where I bought my E-Collar, I bought at Cabela's in Saskatoon when I picked up my puppy 7 yrs. a go come June. I see Cabela's has the Dogtra 2300 NCP on sale now.

Have used the garmin for 2 years now and have 2 collars one for lab and one for GSP.so far so good ,as for hearing the beep sorry Brent that ship sailed a long time ago for me,have to really pay attention to her now when working thick stuff lol, at least the eyes are still not bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Have used the garmin for 2 years now and have 2 collars one for lab and one for GSP.so far so good ,as for hearing the beep sorry Brent that ship sailed a long time ago for me,have to really pay attention to her now when working thick stuff lol, at least the eyes are still not bad...
    You'd be surprised at how loud the beep is on the Dogtra 2500. I don't have too much trouble hearing it a couple of hundred yards away. I like the lower sounding beep but a tiny toggle switch on the transmitter can make a high pitched noise, if a person prefers that.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    The Arc works well enough imho, no problems with the one I have

I sold it to you! lol. Just wasn't doing what I wanted lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    I bought a garmin 550. I loved it. I sold it and bought a dogtra arc. I hated. I sold it and bought another new 550.

Lost about $400 on the deal!
    Pretty much identical situation for me.
    Running Garmins now and very happy with them!

oh and e collars and everything else for dogs there is only one place in canada and its dakota creek!

Best hands down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Foxton gundogs Have you bought from the dogtra.ca site (dogtra direct)? The contact link goes nowhere, just want to make sure it’s a legit site. Thanks
    Last edited by Yagrdog; 04-05-2020 at 11:26 AM.