Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No more salmon fishing, period?

Re: No more salmon fishing, period?

Don’t like the way this is going ! Potential also with the unceeded lands that will be under Indigenous law for hunting ,fishing ,travel. Come hunting time if the B.C hunting regulations read that we can hunt or fish for a certain species in a certain place well I’m going to do that hopefully !
    Arctic Lake
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 02-23-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

As long as there are size and species restrictions there has to be catch and release.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

The intentions of FN leadership have never been clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Russell View Post
    The intentions of FN leadership have never been clearer.
    I have said it for YEARs ! the BC Gov WANTs the Indians to take over F&W Services ! rJ

There going after the easy targets, Im not a big fan of catch and release as 8 percent or so die no matter how well you release them but its not even a drop in the bucket compared to commercial fishing's impacts. Salmon farming in the migration channels is suspect as well....Coomercial interests are backed by too much money...so attack the middle class fisherman..

Unfortunately the UN is here to stay, the cons won't tell them to take a hike and Maxime won't get in, so we're stuck. It's hilarious that we listen to an organization who has saudi arabia on their human rights council
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    As long as there are size and species restrictions there has to be catch and release.
    True story but at the lodges they catch 100 plus chinook in a day sometimes, all legal fish but not 30 plus lbs..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    " protect traditional aboriginal ways of life." I have trouble defining their traditional life. what is their traditional way of life?
    Yup . Fiber glass and aluminum power Boats , fuel , nets ,lights , cars , trucks , smokes , booze , cell phones, facebook etc is the ""traditional aboriginal ways of life"" and the "traditional" way to harvest fish for sure !!
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

I think thats the point of all this GD.....if they could manage to bring in a ban on catch and release, the next step would be to claim that the necessary restrictions cannot be adhered to without C & R. THEREFORE, no fishing for salmon for anyone but FN is the only acceptable solution.

they are learning that baby steps is an effective way to get where they want to go.
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by willyqbc View Post
    I think thats the point of all this GD.....if they could manage to bring in a ban on catch and release, the next step would be to claim that the necessary restrictions cannot be adhered to without C & R. THEREFORE, no fishing for salmon for anyone but FN is the only acceptable solution.

they are learning that baby steps is an effective way to get where they want to go.
    EXACTLY ! one step at a time till they get it ALL ! RJ

Thumbs down Re: No more salmon fishing, period?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    There going after the easy targets, Im not a big fan of catch and release as 8 percent or so die no matter how well you release them but its not even a drop in the bucket compared to commercial fishing's impacts.
    I strongly suggest you get yourself educated on the matter before spewing Bullshit on this Forum

FYI: In the case of springs, the Recreational Sector is the largest factor in removals, well over that of the BC Troll Fleet (of which I am).

What these Idiots are proposing is preposterous to most of us.
    BUT, and this is the large one, they have DFO and the government's ear MUCH more than anyone else.
    Going to be an ugly season methinks...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me