Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeding my child racoon.

Hybrid View

Feeding my child racoon.

Hello everyone?.

I'm in a situation where my boy is being fed racoon.
    Is this legal?
    It's by one of the biggest poachers in westbank so I
    Assume as I've never heard of this and are they in season? Is it healthy is this ok.
    I'm a huge hunter but know nothing about raccoons
    Sheep are not that tough. Grizzlies are. Grizzlies eat what sheep eat, plus they eat sheep

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Feeding my child racoon.

meat is meat....how are they cooking it?

i dont know but why are they killing a racoon in glenrosa and eating it. is it legal and safe.

if it was a moose in nov i wouldnt ask
    Sheep are not that tough. Grizzlies are. Grizzlies eat what sheep eat, plus they eat sheep

shes an ex and im fighting to get him back but this seems extreme. as a teacher she makes 87k

Quote Originally Posted by 71_camaro View Post
    shes an ex and im fighting to get him back but this seems extreme. as a teacher she makes 87k
    Well evidence of what shes feeding him would be good for you in court.

I dont know a single parent, of sound mind, that would feed that crap to their child.

Yuck.

Raccoon Roundworm

wwhat is Raccoon Roundworm (Baylisascaris procyonis)?
    Raccoon roundworm is the infection by a roundworm called Baylisascaris procyonis carried by raccoons. This worm can infect people and a variety of other animals, including dogs. Human infections are rare, but can be severe if the worm invades the eye, organs, or the brain. People living in an area where raccoons live are at greatest risk for raccoon roundworm.

How is it spread?

Humans may be infected with raccoon roundworm after eating the eggs of this worm (Baylisascaris procyonis) passed in the feces (waste) of raccoons. Most infections are seen in children and others who may put dirt or animal waste in their mouths by mistake.

What are the symptoms?

Possible signs and symptoms of raccoon roundworm infection include nausea, tiredness, liver enlargement, loss of coordination, lack of attention to people and surroundings, loss of muscle control, blindness, and coma. Symptoms will develop within 1 to 4 weeks after an exposure.

How is raccoon roundworm treated?

To date, no treatments are known to be completely effective against the disease. Certain medications can help in some cases. Your healthcare provider will discuss your treatment options with you.

How can I prevent raccoon roundworm?

If raccoons are living near your home, you should carefully remove all raccoon feces and any materials that become contaminated with feces. These substances should be buried or thrown away. Care should be taken not to contaminate your hands or clothing, such as wearing rubber gloves and use a shovel while removing feces. Outdoor spaces (such as patios or porches) can be carefully cleaned with boiling water.
    Do not keep, feed, or adopt wild animals, including raccoons, as pets.
    Sandboxes should be covered whenever they are not in use so raccoons and other wild animals do not use them as bathrooms.

Always wash your hands after working or playing outdoors.​

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Coons are open all year round in most places. I wouldn’t eat one unless I was starving. Who is feeding your child and why are you letting them
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

I’d rather eat a rat lol raccoon is for those hillbilly’s across the border
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

Google racoon recipes, lots out there. Nothing wrong with racoon. I have eaten it several times and am still alive. Not my idea of a delacicey but not as awful as muskrat or tuktuk.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Google racoon recipes, lots out there. Nothing wrong with racoon. I have eaten it several times and am still alive. Not my idea of a delacicey but not as awful as muskrat or tuktuk.
    Lol I’m sure it’s fine .. just not my idea of a meal. I’ve had cougar and beaver though I like both of those lol
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first